Uighur_Caesar's Civilizations

Not that terrible, Anyway are there any civ designs can help you with

Northern Ireland, Navarre, and the Taino are set. I do really want to do a James K. Polk civ, but I'm having some trouble thinking of how I'm going to change Washington. I'm thinking of giving him a UA that involves Great People and war, but I haven't finalized the design. Feel free to give some suggestions.

Also, for Polk I'm planning on giving him Washington's icon and giving Washington something that represents the Revolutionary War period. I'm between the Betty Ross and the Join or Die snake. (For people who aren't familiar with the choices: Betty Ross Flag: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3b/US_flag_13_stars_–_Betsy_Ross.svg, Join or Die Snake: http://www.usflags.com/images/thumbs/0004030.jpeg, Significance of each respectively: First flag of the US, political propaganda made by Benjamin Franklin) So I've made a Strawpoll: http://strawpoll.me/4586435

Hehe, I know about all that, I jut simplified it to a library because... well, I didn't see any reason to say any more. I do believe there are better possible names - I don't know, maybe an Arabic word?

Madrasah is already being used by MC's Ayyubids. I could call it Dar al-Hikemah, which is broken Arabic for House of Wisdom. And Hikemah is definitely not how you would transliterate it properly but that's what it sounds like to me.

Hehe, I know about all that, I jut simplified it to a library because... well, I didn't see any reason to say any more. I do believe there are better possible names - I don't know, maybe an Arabic word?
I do agree, especially since his Iraq civ does have this very Pan-Arab design with Sharifian Army, perhaps a different Arabian dialect preferably.

Sidenote: Has development on the Dervish State moved foward, I finished a civilopedia entry already :p

House of wisdom simply doesn't work as a UA name... Its also the name of a arabian decision.
I'm pretty sure that our... (Other) middle-eastern friend might help you here.

So, I'm about half way through a quick game I decided to play with v2 of Iraq to test it out and see if there were any bugs I could note. The first thing seems to be that the Civ Icon is messed up in some respect? It looks low quality and fuzzy - as if it has been stretched or something. I guess that's not a major problem - but hey, I noticed it.

In regards to Faisal's uniques, yeah - I can understand why the UB needs a name change - in fact, I originally thought it was a UNW that replaced Oxford until I checked the Pedia. I like the effect of the building, but is there any way to indicate just how many GSP you are getting from it in a turn - again this is no major issue as I'm pretty sure everyone is capable of dividing by four, but it would be a nice QOL improvement.

The UB also does not seem to be purchasable, I can build it in all my cities with no problem, which is fine because of my production - but I presume this is an oversight?

Haven't had a chance to use the UU yet - but hey, with Stalin and a bunch of Great Generals on my border, the opportunity can't be that far off :p

In regards to Polk's civ - I won't even pretend that I know anything about the man himself, in terms of Washington's icon however, I think it would be interesting to see what could be done with the Join-or-Die snake, though I'm worried it would be too complex for an icon.

EDIT;
I think I've found a good alternative, "Nezamiyeh." According to Wikipedia, it's a medieval institution of higher learning in the Arab world. One of the first and most famous ones was founded in Baghdad.

Yeah, that sounds good.

The icon looks bad because I made it lol. I'll ask SnowyNix later to fix it up. I'm not sure how to display the GS points being added. It is something I want to add so I'll look into it. I'll definitely fix the UB not being purchase-able and change the name once enough people have agreed upon it.

Well since you are in need of Wahington America redo I can provide this:

America
Spoiler :
Leader: George Washington
Capital: :c5capital: Washington D.C
UA: A Nation Of Fathers
Upon waging :c5war: War with another Civilization, Great General generation is increased by 50% for each City in :c5occupied: Occupied resistance. Military Units gifted from allied :c5citystate: City-States are doubled.
UU: Minuteman (Musketman)
Suffers no terrian movement penalties, and earns points toward a Golden Age when defeating an Enemy Unit
UU: Black Hawk (Helicopter Gunship)
Slightly stronger than the Unit it replaces, costs much less :c5production: Production, it recieves a 50% :c5strength: against Armored of Infantry Units and +1 movement when traversing Ocean tiles

Here is my redo, its bit excessive and OP but I figured since you needed it, here you go if not just atleast acknowledge the UA. :crazyeye:

How does this sound?

Thirteen Colonies

Leader: George Washington

UA: Sons of Liberty: While at war, all cities generate Founding Father points except the city with the Writers Guild which get +25% :c5greatperson: Great Person Generation. Militaristic :c5citystate: City States gift twice as many units when fighting a common enemy.

UU: Minuteman: Same as regular game except it generates Founding Father points in the :c5capital: Capital upon kills.

UGP: Founding Father: Replaces Great Writer. Produces :greatwork: Great Works of Writing unique to Colonial America. Upon being expended, all units gain a +10% :c5strength: combat bonus for 3 turns (does not stack) and gain 20 :c5influence: Influence with all known :c5citystate: City States.

How does this sound?

Its pretty good, everything seems to fit perfectly, maybe the minuteman can be changed slightly, perhaps a buff against Enemy Units from Aristocratic empires, or something of the sort.

FYI: The revision I gave you was an old project, I have a bunch a more old projects if you need anymore.

I did my own Thirteen Colonies design a while back, and I hope it's of use right now. Ahemhemhemhemhem:-

---

The Thirteen Colonies (Benjamin Franklin)
Start Bias: Coastal
UA: Join Or Die
Social Policies cost -5% less :c5culture: Culture for each Ideological Tenet selected and -10% less :c5culture: Culture for every Allied City-State. City-State Influence decays 0.1 points slower for every two Tenets selected.
UB: Committee Of Safety (replaces Arsenal)
+12 :c5strength: City Defensiveness, +25 City Health. Additionally, grants a +5% :tourism: Tourism bonus for each Military and Defensive Building in the City.
UU: Continental Army (replaces Musketman)
Heals at half the normal rate, but starts with Drill I, Shock I, Cover I, and a unique promotion, "Treaty Of Paris", that allows them, upon killing an enemy Unit, to generate :tourism: Tourism with the Major Civilization that owned the unit equal to that unit's :c5strength: Combat Strength or :c5rangedstrength: Ranged Combat Strength, whichever is higher.

---

Feel free to swap out Franklin for Washpot if you so desire. =]

Feels kinda weak to balance the civ around Ideology, which comes fairly late, not to mention those percentages are plain weird.

I feel like some elements of that design fit a French Civ better since I imagine them as an ideology based civ. Also, the policy discount from CS's sounds like it can be too strong potentially and the influence decay reduction sounds too weak because it's only .1 pre tenet.

I'd probably shoot for something to do less with policies and more with warfare, but still allowing you to gather loads of policies. Maybe something like giving a small burst of culture from capturing normal cities, and a Social Policy from capturing Capitals?

Culture from captures will be part of Polk. Here's Polk's current design:

United States

Leader: James K Polk

UA: Manifest Destiny: Gain :c5culture: Culture and a temporary :c5angry: unhappiness reduction in non-occupied cities from settling and capturing cities based on distance from :c5capital: Capital. Settlers are trained 25% faster and move twice as fast along roads and trade routes.

UU: Flying Artillery: Replaces Cannon. Requires 1 horse. 4 :c5moves: movement and may withdraw from melee combat, but has lower :c5strength: combat strength.

UB: Supply Depot: Replaces Caravansary. +10% :c5food: Food growth and +1 :c5gold: Gold for every :trade: internal trade route to and from this city.

Culture from captures will be part of Polk. Here's Polk's current design:

I quite like the design, I'm certainly interested in seeing how the civ turns out, considering his leadership in the Mexican American War, establishing American expansion from Sea to Shining Sea and the Eventual establishment of what would be the Lone Star Republic and if I am also planning ( If I ever get the hang of modding) produce a Gilded Age America. I especially like the Flying Artillery, +4 Movement is a force to reckon with.

Top Bottom