Is Multiplayer "better"

TheMarshmallowBear

Benelovent Chieftain of the Ursu Kingdom
I just rage quitted in a MP hybrid game with a friend on a large map (I was Shoshone, he was Venice, and we played against the other 7 civs and Ethiophia)

And I've noticed two several major things.

1. Although I knew this before, the AI, and human-to-human interaction is still as bad they were before, which really questions me how much resources "fixing" the MP took.

2. Barbarians are a certain "B" word in main game, and even worse on multiplayer, because they share the "simoletenous" turns, which oftens gives them an ability to attack before you can realize it.

3. There's something awry going on with the sequence of your actions, for some reason my Archer began healing, and I couldn't stop him from healing.

4. Notifications about your units seem to be non existent, I didn't even realize I made my Pathfinder heal, and he was getting bombarbed by a Barbarian archer, btu when I realized this, I couldn't move him because he has already healed, and on the next turn, and on the next..

It's crazy, quite frankly I think before this change the game was better in MP than it is now.

I really hope they haven't "stopped" on the MP, and will make it even better with the Fall Patch.

There are definitely some new issues (bugs) that need to be worked out.

I haven't had any of the problems you mentioned, but I had something kinda similar. There were many occasions where I got a notification that my city could shoot at an enemy unit. But when I clicked the bullseye, there was no one there. After a while, I realized that the notification was coming up one turn too late. The unit had already moved away before I could take a shot at it.

Nope, MP is still as broken as it have always been. You still have to sit there every five turns and go through the list of AIs to sort of who wants what and who needs what since the AI can't contact human players. Takes forever and makes MP a chore.
Firaxis is not going to fix it. They clearly do not care at all, or they would have fixed it years ago.

Top Bottom