Ever since the fall patch... stability has been destroyed

Amarr Emperor

Chieftain
I noticed something in multiplayer.

Ever since the fall patch, if a resync happens, the host will crash, and may freeze the game.

I've seen this way too many times (10+) to know it's not a coincidence

I've also never expierenced the host crashing after a resync prior to the fall patch.

So, am I alone in this problem? Because it occurs to me regardless if i'm hosting or just playing.

If i am alone in the problem, what exactly in me is causing the host to crash?

Yes, agreed. The game has become much less stable for me as well. Especially when I'm hosting. I have noticed the same kind of problem affecting me. When it looks like a sync is going to occur, the game instead freezes up. Before the fall patch I hosted almost exclusively because my system handles hosting well.

It affects me specifically but almost never occurs to my friends. It is extremely odd. I made a trouble ticket and have only been given the same old, update your drivers response....

The game's stability was at an all time high before the fall patch, now I feel that it has been knocked back 2 years. Workers are even doing that stupid old thing again where they stop working for no reason and need to constantly be told to do the same thing repeatedly.

Nope, I made no changes aside from downloading the fall patch. Ever since day 1 of that patch it's been terrible.

Same here, no change to my computer.

And once again, I stress that it happens not only in the games I host, but also in the games I'm in.

Same here, no change to my computer.

And once again, I stress that it happens not only in the games I host, but also in the games I'm in.

Have you tried verifying the integrity of the game cache? (right-mouseclick on Civ in Steam -> properties -> tab 'local files' -> 'verifying integrity of game cache')

On FFAs, the freeze up is common. When I play 3x3 or even 4x4 the freeze up is rare, although the loading screen is common. The team games are with people who I play all the time, and in the FFAs usually have players I have never played.

Top Bottom