Player cheating on difficulty level?

schnuddel77

Chieftain
I'm playing against a friend and he developed extremely fast in the beginning.

In the happiness dialog he gets 13 points from Difficulty Level and I only get 9. We are both set to Prince when the game loads and also I can't find any other differences. Is there some cheat to adjust this?

I know there is the SDK and there is this trainer tool, but didn't see something like this?
Or where does this 13 come from since we have both Prince Level.

Cheers

Schnuddel

Obviously he wouldn't admit to cheating...

Besides, it seems like it's only a small difference, so sometimes he thinks that is "cleverness" instead of cheating.

Anyway, I just can't explain it and I also couldn't find any cheat to do this.

"Besides, it seems like it's only a small difference"

4 extra happy for advanced players at the beginning of the game is a nice boost in multiplayer. With caravans/cargo ships, the early food boost means that your first city (I recommend getting out early) will grow so fast it often causes you to run out of happy, and you get stalled for some turns waiting for more happy... +4 extra happy is enough so that you never get unhappy, so never have a halt in growth.

Ok, so is this possible somehow? If we load the game in multiplayer mode, we are both set to the same level. But his Happiness from "Difficulty Level" is set different to mine.
How is that possible?

Obviously he wouldn't admit to cheating...

Obviously the solution to all your problems is to choose your friends more carefully.

Or get beyond your psych problems which dont allow you to trust friends.

Moderator Action: Please don't tell other people they have 'psych problems'; to do so is considered trolling.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I'm playing against a friend and he developed extremely fast in the beginning.
So I gut a bit curious and had a look at his account. Yes, yes, I know....

Anyway, in the happiness dialog he gets 13 points from Difficulty Level and I only get 9. We are both set to Prince when the game loads and also I can't find any other differences. Is there some cheat to adjust this?

I know there is the SDK and there is this trainer tool, but didn't see something like this?
Or where does this 13 come from since we have both Prince Level.

Cheers

Schnuddel

Where did you exactly checked happiness?

If you hover over the happiness icon on the title bar, you get a list of all happiness points. From population, etc.

One item is "From difficulty level".

I'm not sure how you get 13 from difficulty level...

Prince gives 9, Chieftain/Warlord gives 12, Settler gives 15...

Well, how did you know that he's getting so much happiness from difficulty level?
Maybe he just uncovered 2 more natural wonders than you. Or 5 more.

Well, how did you know that he's getting so much happiness from difficulty level?
Maybe he just uncovered 2 more natural wonders than you. Or 5 more.

This is what I am willing to bet what is going on.

Top Bottom