The Forever Game (GMR)

Itrade

Chieftain
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Forever Game 2 is now recruiting replacements! We're only three turns in so far, so it shouldn't take you long to fix the AI's silly production orders and get things running the way you want. Current openings are Egypt, Sweden, and America. Post in this thread if you want a spot, and we'll try to put you in.

Also, don't worry if you can't play for the four years that this will probably take. If you need to leave because you find a wife or start work on a cure of cancer or get called for mankind's first manned mission to the moon, just let us know and someone else can take your place and continue the legacy.

Original post:

So I have an idea for a massive GMR game that will probably take years to finish, assuming it does finish. 12 Civs, 41 City-States, Archipelago, Marathon, G&K and all DLCs, all victories on, policy saving enabled and no rules.

For turn time I'm thinking either 12, 18, or 24 hours, which means that the first few turns alone should already take a month. Eventually people are going to drop out or be eliminated and things will speed up. Heck, we might even go to war to speed the game up.

Balance is going to be a major factor. Austria is probably going to be targeted by everyone the moment we find her. Babylon and Korea and their amazing technology probably won't last long either.

If we do get enough volunteers to get the game going, we should see the end of things right around the time Civilization VII is out. Maybe we'll even get our children to continue our empires for us.

Here's a link to the game if anyone's dedicated enough to join.

Edit: Well, that went off to a pretty terrible start. Here's a link to the new game. After realizing that the game would probably take decades to complete, we've changed over to standard for this new one.

Edit 2: And here's an invite link.

I am so in...I've been wanting a game like this for so long!

Excellent! We also have two pubbies joining so far, which could be good for us or could mean that after a few turns we'd only be playing with ten people. I'll try and confirm how dedicated they are before we start the game.

To make things slightly more interesting, I might turn on policy saving and raging barbarians so that we have decisions to make in the early game. That's only if you all agree to it, though.

I think my steam is getting messed up. I can't see your game when I log onto GMR through steam normally...I can see my other games though. I can only see your game when I click on your link.

Can you boot me from that game so I can try joining again? It won't let me quit the game either.

I posted in the GMR thread and it seems that they've stored your problem. Does it work for you now, Turjo?

It looks like it is working....looking forward to the game!

Just giving this a quick bump to point out that there are only two slots left. Anyone who wants in better join soon before it's all gone.

Aw, dang. It seems to have skipped the Celts and now it's Japan's turn. I've got a pretty great starting point, though; all I lack is a mountain. I'm gonna see if they can't fix this; I'd hate to have to restart and lose my sheep, river, and pearls.

EDIT: Huh, nevermind, looks like there's a revert turn button for the host. Yay! I get to keep my sheep!

All right fellas, I'm Persia, so you know I'm going to be beelining Chichen Itza. Produce it at your own peril.

It's my turn? It is not showing me that it is my turn.... hmmmm

It is showing me that it is the Celts turn

Yeah, if you check the edit you'll see that I reverted, so things are back to normal.

It came around to my turn, so I loaded up the game and it is not letting me play it since I don't have all the DLCs. I thought that if I didn't have the DLCs, it just wouldn't let me play as those certain civilizations...I didn't realize that I had to have all of them just to participate in the game.

Sorry guys, but I guess I won't be able to play since this game requires all DLC versions to play.

It came around to my turn, so I loaded up the game and it is not letting me play it since I don't have all the DLCs. I thought that if I didn't have the DLCs, it just wouldn't let me play as those certain civilizations...I didn't realize that I had to have all of them just to participate in the game.

Sorry guys, but I guess I won't be able to play since this game requires all DLC versions to play.

Sorry, Turjo, i am not in the game but:

1. All DLC was mentioned in OP, and despite that you joined it.
2. Your leave means you just ruined 12 player game at it's very start, because it will be stuck for some time , and after that it will leave AI on your place, which ruins game, especially such long-term one like this.
3. May be for few $ you could have necessary DLC?

Eh, I'll just restart the game. It's messed up too much. Slvynn, would you like a slot?

Thanks for the invitation, but Marathon is too long for me. With more players and slower speed, there is too much uncertainty that the game will finish properly with all players sticking around. Maybe should wait for Turjo to consider buying DLCs?

I did run out of my 10 game slot usage and i would lije tu support GMR but not via paypal.. so techincally i cant join.. also such long game will take one of slots from playerand not much will want that, because many prefer new game as soon as they see they are loosing, or you need regular solid players in 12 men team to keep it fun and without quiters.

Sorry, Turjo, i am not in the game but:

1. All DLC was mentioned in OP, and despite that you joined it.
2. Your leave means you just ruined 12 player game at it's very start, because it will be stuck for some time , and after that it will leave AI on your place, which ruins game, especially such long-term one like this.
3. May be for few $ you could have necessary DLC?

This was my first GMR game and I didn't realize how it worked, I'm sorry. I didn't want to ruin everyone's game.

Can we start it over with just a few of the DLCs so I can buy them?

I've joined the game. I have all the DLC and I'll stay the distance. I will be playing as Songhai and I'll be the one burning your cities down. :devil:

ED: just realised it's an Archipelago. Oh well, changed to Ottomans instead.

Top Bottom