Glitch with Diplo Victory?

Colmar

Warlord
Hey all, I just finished my first BNW game with a saddening loss. There's just one problem.

I won the World Leader election (the one with the green timer and specific vote threshold.) 32 votes were needed, and my hard-earned 34 votes were enough to win it. I had a notification saying "Portugal has won the World Leader elections" or whatnot, but nothing happened. No change in delegates, no victory window, nothing. It sucks to have played through 488 standard time turns (apparently 15 hours), just to have lost because of what seems to be a bug.

Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know a fix?

Maybe play another turn? I know in my diplo victories after winning the election I had to play one more turn.

Maybe play another turn? I know in my diplo victories after winning the election I had to play one more turn.

That's what I was thinking, but I ended up playing to the end. I sat through an easily won proposal for Nuclear non-proliferation, and then reached turn 500, where America won a time victory.

In my first diplo attempt, I didn't change who I voted for... instead of voting for myself, I voted for another player. Next turn, he won and I'm all like... how is that possible... but then I saw the vote count. DOH!

In my first diplo attempt, I didn't change who I voted for... instead of voting for myself, I voted for another player. Next turn, he won and I'm all like... how is that possible... but then I saw the vote count. DOH!

Yeah, I read about someone doing that on these boards, so I double checked every single time a proposal came up. :lol:

Top Bottom