Multiplayer AI FAQ?

Electric Ferret

Chieftain
Hi All

Mostly always play single player but tried Multiplayer recently. I'm noticing the AI doesn't chat me up and offer deals like in a Single Player game.

Is there a FAQ somewhere that details how the AI interacts with players?

Does the AI players trade amongst themselves at all?

Why doesn't the AI try to contact players for trades, DOF or deals?

Appreciate any knowledge on it. Thanks!

I assume this is pretty much just because they don't want to slow down the game too much, which is a shame because in 2 player LAN games, I'd be perfectly fine with some turns taking a bit longer.

The reason for this is because Firaxis doesn't really care about multiplayer and has neglected its development almost completely. Therefore, even though I believe AIs are supposed to go and offer trade deals etc., they don't.

Well that's terrible. There should at least be an Option for the AI to behave the way it does in a single player game - chatting you up in their leader screen and whatnot.

A friend and I playing a casual game on a LAN were really disappointed in the multi-player experience as far as the AI goes. We're not really Pro tho, just looking for a friendly game together with the AI behaving as we've come to expect in single player. Kind of a let down.

I just played MP for the first time and my buddy and I ran into the same issue. We were expecting quite a bit more from the AI. I was playing on Emperor and he on King. Is there any options or settings that would help this out? Does it matter that my buddy only has Gods And Kings? If he were to get Brave New World, would it make a difference?

Thanks.

@furyn: You have to contact the AI with trade deals yourself in MP, because, as I said above, Firaxis really couldn't care less about making sure multiplayer works. However, BNW does make it much more fun for the human players to interact (trade routes and the World Congress are still functional and fun in MP.)

dont have to do same question every 2 or 3 days - can just read the answer in other threads ...

Moderator Action: This isn't a particularly nice comment; answer questions if you'd like, but don't post this sort of thing.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Hey, Tommy. Thanks for attitude dude. Well done on welcoming new members to the community. +1 to you sir! Teh internetz approves!

Thank you CPM for the serious answer. I appreciate it.

Top Bottom