FfH2 0.40 Changelog

Saying 1.00 seems wrong to me for some reason. I though Kael was planning to just drop the number altogether, so it is just Fall from Heaven II.

In the Scenarion Picture is a title "Against the Grey" but i can't find it in the added scenario post.

I think it is in the game and kael just forgot it?! There are 18 on the screen and 17 in the post so i guess yes!

(sorry if anyone else ask this, i didn't read the whole thread)

I think the longwinded explanation of the calculation of odds was there to help the team program a better risk display system in game. Not so we'd pull out our pen and paper and run through the whole calculation every battle.

and btw Xuenay, I'm pretty sure the only thing that your calculations doesn't take into account is the fact that on top of all that, the damage of each individual strike is variable and based on the strengths of the attacker and defender. Thus, the computation becomes more complex, though we can't calculate that portion out without the algorithms that the team used to program the mechanic with.

@monkeyfinger
gotta justify the math degree I'm working on somehow, right? :)

Sorry to hog up forum space, but here's post #3 in a row,

@magistercultuum
That would be acceptable, having it labelled 0.40 makes it just feel incomplete

@orangelex44
I'm such a newb, thanks

In the Scenarion Picture is a title "Against the Grey" but i can't find it in the added scenario post.

I think it is in the game and kael just forgot it?! There are 18 on the screen and 17 in the post so i guess yes!

(sorry if anyone else ask this, i didn't read the whole thread)

Maybe their planning on keeping Decius's truth hidden for a bit longer:crazyeye:.
P.S. 700 posts!

My personal preference on Combat Odds (which I never look at, I just look at the relative strengths and tend not to be surprised by the results of combat) would be that the odds always reflect the WORST CASE SCENARIO. So assume that the other guy makes each First Strike, and that the best Defensive Strike on the tile hits you for as much as he possibly can.

Display for the raw numbers would be nice if it modified the relative strength display to include the potential relative strength if you take max defensive strike damage as well as your current actual strength (ie - instead of 3.3 vs 5 it would show 3.3 (2.8) vs 5)

1.0 versions bring back memories of the original FFH 1 and the explosive growth of using fishing and warfare for obscenely powerful coastal starts, especially with the octupus leader. Back when FFH was a mere shadow of a mod compared to it's current form. When FFH was still just Civ 4, with modded leaderheads. FFH has come a long long ways since then thanks to Kael and Team for all you hard work and dedication bringing us this amazing mod, I've come and gone over the years as my tastes and desires for new games has come and gone, but this mod has always drawn me back to Civ 4...

A question I had long ago and forgot about, wasn't appropriate back then since it probably wasn't known...

Can you press a button anywhere to reset your results from the Scenarios? If I pass the Barbarian Scenarios and it makes Barbarians weaker in all of the other Scenarios as a "reward" then I will want to undo that little bonus so that I can be challenged by full strength Barbarians for replay value someday.

Personally, I can edit the trophies, but for people who cannot/will not mod, is there a button available?

My brother and I use the same computer, and I also would like to be able to restart the scenarios, so that both of us can play without losing out on one time choices (like which elven leader we go up against, or turning the elven leader over to the werewolves.)

I think the longwinded explanation of the calculation of odds was there to help the team program a better risk display system in game.

Yup. If I'd had the time (or if I'd have the time now), I'd had added in the end a code snippet that actually ran through those calculations. It should be pretty simple, actually, basically just a couple of for-loops.

and btw Xuenay, I'm pretty sure the only thing that your calculations doesn't take into account is the fact that on top of all that, the damage of each individual strike is variable and based on the strengths of the attacker and defender. Thus, the computation becomes more complex, though we can't calculate that portion out without the algorithms that the team used to program the mechanic with.

Yeah, true - the damage still needs to be modified after my calculations, and I left that part out, trusting Kael to modify my math accordingly. If the final outcome of the calculations actually does produce the average damage, then that shouldn't affect the results - the expected damage is the same. He said something about weighting the actual damage, though, so I'm not sure if he was actually talking about the mean or the median. If those two aren't the same, you'd need to adjust the results a bit.

Though it should produce results that aren't too far from the real thing, in any case.

Top Bottom