7 new screenshots and more information emerges from GDC (8th March 2012)

Tulip fields for the Dutch explaines the gold bonus for that tile. But it would likely be an unique replacer of farms (+1 gold besides current benefits of farms), and not something special only for Marshes as suggested earlier.

I know there are tullips, but if you look closely you see it's surrounded by a dike and even some sort of drainage system (windmill I guess). This means it is certainly a Polder, I'm very sure of this. I think we can confirm the Polder as the Dutch UI. Now I hope it is buildable not only on marshes but also on lakes!

I know there are tullips, but if you look closely you see it's surrounded by a dike and even some sort of drainage system (windmill I guess). This means it is certainly a Polder, I'm very sure of this. I think we can confirm the Polder as the Dutch UI. Now I hope it is buildable not only on marshes but also on lakes!
There's a weird thing:
If you look at the other screenshot, which is made in the same turn, you see the tile improvement is gone and there are plains.

There's a weird thing:
If you look at the other screenshot, which is made in the same turn, you see the tile improvement is gone and there are plains.

My guess is that they edited it, it would make no sense at all if you can build a Polder on plains. Also because it's the same turn and there is no work being done on the tile, I'm fairly sure they just edited it in for the screenshot only.

My guess is that they edited it, it would make no sense at all if you can build a Polder on plains. Also because it's the same turn and there is no work being done on the tile, I'm fairly sure they just edited it in for the screenshot only.
That's what I'm assuming as well.

What about 1 SE of Attila's Court?

Spoiler :

Do you mean the hex above the Cavalry unit? Looks a bit like Saltpeter quarry/mine with those small white piles around it... (?)

Maybe England is going to be renamed to Britian in order to clearly distinguish it from the Celts (=Wales/Scotland)? :hide:

Ewww. I hope not!

Spoiler :

Do you mean the hex above the Cavalry unit? Looks a bit like Saltpeter quarry/mine with those small white piles around it... (?)

Well, I actually did mean the one 1SE of the city where there's no line of sight (what is being mined?), but yeah, that one too.

Edit: or is it just a marble quarry...?

Maybe it is a new bonus resource? Then it could still be Saltpeter (but also many other things).

If Attila's court is going to be a Hun city shouldn't it be their capital? And if so, why there is no capital icon in the screen?

Having Britain as "new" Civilization is a Terrible, terrrible idea. England and Celts are enough! I cant believe they would do something as stupid as that.

Huns would be cool, but we dont really know anything about them. What language would Attila talk? What cities would they have? Huns would be great addition if they would be some kind of "super barbarians" - not a normal civilization.

If you look at the strategic icons you can see there's no new strategic resource. So I doubt saltpeter (at least as strategic) would be in.

Yes, but isn't it showing the sources of the orange Civ (Dutch?). They may not have Saltpeter but Carthage may have. As the mines are on the Carthginian side and we don't see their resources :)

Yes, but isn't it showing the sources of the orange Civ (Dutch?). They may not have Saltpeter but Carthage may have. As the mines are on the Carthginian side and we don't see their resources :)
But then the icon would still show up in the top bar and showing 0 when you have the tech.

Huns would be cool, but we dont really know anything about them. What language would Attila talk? What cities would they have? Huns would be great addition if they would be some kind of "super barbarians" - not a normal civilization.

Agreed
It's very hard to represent them correctly as a full civ

It could be, simply, just salt as a new luxury.

I think Salt should be a bonus resource since there's plenty of it. Pepper or Chilli could be a luxury though.

Maybe England is going to be renamed to Britian in order to clearly distinguish it from the Celts (=Wales/Scotland)? :hide:

That makes no sense at all. Wales and Scotland are part of Britain, so how would changing England to Britain help distinguish it from the Celts. If anything it would do the opposite.

Having Britain as "new" Civilization is a Terrible, terrrible idea. England and Celts are enough! I cant believe they would do something as stupid as that.

Calm down, it's not going to happen. It's just a case of the writer confusing England and Britain.

(I would love it if Britain were added though, but I know I'm in the minority.)

That makes no sense at all. Wales and Scotland are part of Britain, so how would changing England to Britain help distinguish it from the Celts. If anything it would do the opposite.

Calm down, it's not going to happen. It's just a case of the writer confusing England and Britain.

(I would love it if Britain were added though, but I know I'm in the minority.)

I was kidding anyways, see the hide-Smiley? Calm down. :cool:

But then the icon would still show up in the top bar and showing 0 when you have the tech.

You're only shown the icons of a certain ressource when you are in a certain era already. You're not shown aluminium in the classic era either. So carthage may be one era further than the dutch on this screen.

Top Bottom