Eunomiac's Strategy Layer

Arrggg - it seems I am initializing it multiple times and thus wiping out any stored dot maps. How do I check that I only initialize it once?

ok - fixed. I now have a working version that I will flip to some users to test.

Attachments

• CustomAssets.zip
    73 KB · Views: 183
I'm out of ideas based on just this dialog. Did you add all the events from "Strategy Overlay.xml"? Post your latest code and I'll poke about. I don't have Civ4 on this computer so I cannot run it myself.

I'm out of ideas based on just this dialog. Did you add all the events from "Strategy Overlay.xml"? Post your latest code and I'll poke about. I don't have Civ4 on this computer so I cannot run it myself.
EF - thanks for your help with this. I kept on poking around the code and (according to my not very extensive testing) I have a version that works (see post 2 up).

Has anyone tried to re-size the BFC from this mod so that it shows the BFC for the Expanded Cities option in Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn? I've searched the forums for a bit to see if anyone has asked about this but haven't seen any mention of this being attempted. Based on reading this thread I have looked at the Python files for the Strategy Layer and can somewhat follow what is being done but at this point I'm not familiar enough with Python or the inner workings of Civ4 to attempt to make the modifications on my own. Any pointers or hints for making changes would be appreciated.

The BFC graphic that we use comes with the game. I don't think it can be modded.

I finally sat down and puzzled my wait through the Strategy Layer and figured out that the BFC for Larger Cities is actually quite easy to do. In CvStrategyOverlay.py change the lines that read:
Code:
		for x in range(-2, 3):
			for y in range(-2, 3):
				if abs(x) != 2 or abs(y) != 2:
					self.BFC_OFFSETS.append((x, y))

so that they read:
Code:
		for x in range(-3, 4):
			for y in range(-3, 4):
				if abs(x) != 3 or abs(y) != 3:
                                        if abs(x) != 3 or abs(y) != 2:
                                                if abs(x) != 2 or abs(y) != 3:
                                                        self.BFC_OFFSETS.append((x, y))

The Larger Cities BFC will now be drawn in the overlay.

Now my next project will be to get the Repeating Air Recon Missions mod turned into a module rather than being part of the CvEventManager so that it can be used in BUG and derivatives of BUG. At this point I'm in over my head on figuring that out though.

Not to revive a dead thread but might as well keep all related info in the same place. I recently discovered the Strategy Layer and decided to do a search and read up about it on this site.

Please excuse that I only read page 1 of this thread so far.

I play the Vanilla version of the game (yes I know - get BTS - but I can't afford it). I can see all my lines and signs when I zoom back down to playing level. My strategy layer seems to stay 'Active' all the time. I would like more colours. I would like to toggle my lines on and off. That's my 2 cents. Is there a Mod I can add to my vanilla game?

Thanks ruff_hi. I installed that as per the instructions.

EDIT: didn't work well for my liking. All the menus and buttons disappeared. Is there a list of keyboard shortcuts that I need to know or something?

No idea. Sounds like something wrong between the mod and your base version. Its been 6 yrs since the mod was updated so you might be out of luck.

Top Bottom