SGOTM 12 - One Short Straw

In general, I think this plan looks good. We're balancing research and SS builds with our war buildup and fallout cleanup efforts.

@bcool 18 turns in 4 days... Can you play 4 turns tonight though Composites? After that, research will be off the critical path and we can see how many hammers we actually have and shyuhe (with team input/effort, of course) can really start planning the war effort in detail.

IIRC, shyuhe is putting together a war plan but can't play. It looks like bcool is the only one that can play, although both bbp and I have said that we could play some turns in a pinch. Is everyone on board with that plan or have things changed in real life for anyone?

I thought the deadline is the 20th? So we have 9 days. I can play some on the 19th and 20th if we need it.

That's a Project Management secret. Tell the team the deadline is earlier than it actually is. That way when the schedule slips (which it always does), you can still deliver on time! :cool:

I'm not sure why I though the date was the 15th, but the 20th is definitely a lot better (... like an engineer, I checked the maintenance thread and shyuhe is right).

bcool has the research and SS build plan nailed, so I don't see too much changing there. As long as he pumps out a handful of marines, modern armor and transportation for said units when possible per his PPP, I think the next 4 turns are solid. I'm fine with bcool playing when he's ready. Four turns = 2 to 4 hours at this stage of the game.

@shyuhe I have one request. Can you please put in your war plans to take out San Francisco before San Diego. I want to outlive bcool! Oh wait, there is no San Diego on the map. Maybe I'm safe after all! :lol:

The one worker scrubbing SE of Warwick could also finish the two tiles between Nottingham and Coventry. The Galleon from Rheims should pick up 3 from England and take them to the islands east of London. We have 19 worker-turns on the near island and 24 on the other - sucks, 'cause we'll have to do more ferrying than just one Galleon run.

Whichever Galleon is taking the settler to the iron should also take 2 workers there for scrubbing. Could even be the two workers from the island SE of Yakutsk, as the other two SW of there are almost done and could hop on another Galleon.

The island N of Hangzhou needs 12 worker-turns, so we should have the galley over there pick up one worker in time to drop off by T247.

this has been noted, looking for more clean up references...

playing soon just compiling suggestions and making checklists.

Haven't had a chance to plan it out, sorry. Actually, it would be easier after you play through the next 4t. I'm not worried about worker turns available at all, mainly about the logistics also involving attack units and ships, which is largely an unknown for me at this stage. Go with your gut for this mini-set, and just try to scrub as much as possible.

It is just a function of the culture. Since Siberia now has >10% american culture it is unhappy.

Right. I understand the mechanics. I'm just surprised that he has 10% culture in a city that he isn't putting any cultural pressure on, even with his two culture bombs. It's his city that has cultural pressure on it....

Two bombs are 4th-level culture, so he would have some on the Siberia city tile. 10% is surprising, considering our Sushi culture levels. I assume this isn't affecting our SS builds, right?

ok finished to composites at beginning of T246. I need to go to bed soon so very short report

uploaded, everything going to plan

Military build up going well

iron popped in a mine near GP Farm :)

settled a city next to gold to keep it in our possession

I want to declare war with Gandhi this turn.
Use cultural slider to compensate for WW.
Someone needs to makes sure we can do this (I assume we can we can afford 40-50% cultural slider)

Gifted roosy 6 workers (sadly he is building railroads with most of them :(

A few cities are better than we expected on the builds so I can get 1 more useful production out of them. Just set it to show you guys we are good for launch.

Oil is ready to go this turn but need to look at health/food situation more closely.

Excellent work, bcool! I'll take a look at the save tomorrow.

With +4 Mining Inc. resources this turnset, I'm sure all builds, including Siberia, are on schedule.

Everything looks good to me. I agree with attacking Gandhi immediately. We can still research genetics in 2 turns with 0% slider, and 50% culture whilst still having a surplus of gold. I doubt we would need to run the culture slider that low - it would give us +10 happy in most cities, and +15 in those with theatres which seems to be rather excessive.

Top Bottom