40 Civilizations: Choose Your Own Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also changed Friendly personality's victory condition to "Cultural" to stop riot's :D

No more riot's are allowed. If anyone else riot's you will be put onto a sinking cruise ship with a bomb inside your intestine and a watch on your wrist with a number on it and you will have 9 hours to escape with 8 other people (999 reference)

9 HOURS, 9 PERSONS, 9 DOORS IS THE BEST GAME EVER MAAAAAAAAADE! (Just had to say that...as you were)

I'm finishing my first story first (although I am getting a little bored with writing that one. I dislike leaving unfinished stories)

Just two chapters, man! But don't tell me it's a slow finish; I just started reading that one! :lol:

I guess it's about time I started this.

I have pre-chosen leaders for Greece, France, and Egypt just to make sure Pericles, Joan of Arc, and Hatshepsut don't appear in this world. That would really ruin the story (spoiler?)

I also have pre-chosen 4 other leaders, but I'm not telling you who :D. Can you figure out what else in this story is a 4?

Ok, let's begin this thing!

NEWS UPDATE!

Since this is the first NEWS UPDATE, I'll explain what this is. Since this story won't be as...descriptive as my other story, we have the NEWS UPDATE where I will tell you just what is going on in my empire.

I settle my first city, Diamant. Immediatly, you may notice that my area is much more crowded as compared to the Pericles story. Well! Here we go!
(I've met the new civ Iraq, but they haven't settled yet...this may end badly for them)

Who am I? Who are we? And what is this world that we live in? Am I supposed to be thinking about these questions? Because I can’t even talk these words that I’m thinking, they come out as mindless sounds from my high-pitched voice. This cannot be natural.

The air was warm and the winds were soft as a small tribe of 5 people walked a forest of evergreen trees. Among them were a mother and a father. The mother was holding a baby boy, no older than 5 months. The father was holding a baby girl, no older than 3 months. They sat down on a fallen tree, resting their wary legs. The 5th man was a young man no older than 25. He was young, muscular, and had short, black, hair. They called him Samuri because he had forgotten his original name when the mother and father found him leaning on a tree just 2 years ago. The mother and the father also were not related to the baby girl, who they found in a cave, left alone.

Samuri tried to start a fire by using a strange rock he had found 3 months ago. He found that it generates fire if he hits it on something. The baby boy and the baby girl played in the sand while the mother and the father sorted out their meat rations. It was then, when it happened. A thick, grey, cloud enveloped the party. Turning the area they were in, pitch black. The baby girl began to cry as the mother and the father swiftly picked them both up. Samuri lit the fire, but it mysteriously went out when the dark cloud went over it. Samuri ran towards the other 4 people, trying to see if they were ok. Once he had reached them, the mother made gestures to see if they could escape this dark cloud. Then, out of nowhere, a panther like creature came out. It wasn’t a normal panther; however, it seems to be made of the dark cloud substance that enveloped them and it had strangely bright red eyes. After no longer than a second, the panther leapt at the mother. The mother screamed loudly before tossing the baby girl she was holding at Samuri, who caught it skilfully. Instantly, the mother began to transform into the dark cloud substance, then faded away into the air.

FATHER: Samuri! Get out of here!

The father thrust the baby boy into Samuri’s hands. Immediately after he did that did the panther leap at him, killing him the same way as he killed the mother. Samuri didn’t need any more indications; he took off in a fast sprint.

Samuri ran as fast as he could while carrying both babies. He glanced behind him to see the panther flying unnaturally towards him. How could he outrun some unknown creature that flies? But Samuri knew that he had to protect the 2 babies. Samuri ran into the forest and spotted a low branch. With amazing strength, he leapt onto the branch and began to climb branches while still running forwards. The baby boy looked back to see the panther effortlessly passing through trees and flying up towards them.

It’s hopeless. This is going to be where I will die. It’s amazing that Samuri can run on treetops like this. Will I die from that creature? Or will Samuri drop me and I will fall to my death? Huh? Do I see that my friend is playing patty cake to herself? What is she thinking? I wish I couldn’t think like this. I wish I was as dumb as her as we die. Samuri...he’s trying so hard to save us, I can hear his chest breaking apart. Where is the panther now? Oh...it’s about a foot away from my face. Here it comes...I better close my eyes...the last thing I will hear is the heavy breathing of Samuri...

YOUNG MAN: We need to get out of this rain!
QUESTIONING MAN: Elder! How will we get out of this rain?
OLD WOMAN: I can see a cave...over there
YOUNG WOMAN: Yes! There is a cave over there!

Led by an old woman, a tribe of 38 people ran towards a cave in the distance. Cold, wet, and tired, they all leapt into the cave; excited to be out of the rain. A serious looking man stood up after they were all in the cave.

SERIOUS MAN: There seems to be something in the back of the cave!
SCARED MAN: I hope there’s no predator’s back there!
SERIOUS MAN: It’s likely

The serious looking man walked towards the back of the cave. He stopped in his tracks when he saw what lay at the back of the cave.

SERIOUS MAN: Elder! I believe that you should take a look at this!

The old woman slowly stood up. She grabbed her walking stick and hobbled slowly towards where the serious looking man was pointing. Slowly, some of the other people stood up to take a look. What they saw, was two babies, a boy and a girl. The boy was awake already but the girl was still sleeping peacefully.

Where...am I? Who are these people? I...hey...I survived! YES! She is beside me too! She’s alive as well! But...where is Samuri? These people...they don’t look like Samuri...he must not have survived

The old woman picked the boy up

SCARED MAN: Maybe we should leave them here...someone may have left them here as an offering for the sky god!
COMPASSIONATE WOMAN: No! We have to take them along!
OLD WOMAN: Perhaps we shall name them?

Name me? Who do you think you are? Well...I suppose that it is ok, given the fact that I forgot my old name. Please give me a good name

OLD WOMAN: We shall call the boy...Niko
YOUNG MAN: And the girl?
OLD WOMAN: Iris

Niko? That sounds ok. I could have picked a better name. Iris sounds like a good name for her; I think it really suits her.

Suddenly, the sky outside flashed with a bright blue light

INTELLIGENT WOMAN: The sky god speaks!
SCARED MAN: I told you the children were an offering!
OLD WOMAN: Hush now, don’t jump to such rushed conclusions

Niko didn’t know anything about a sky god. The entire tribe left the tiny cave and began to look at the sky. Some of them even spoke while they were looking at the sky. Niko thought that these people were strange. But, suddenly, the sky began to talk. It was so abrupt that Niko almost yelled something. The old woman seemed to notice, however, and picked Niko up and carried him outside to watch the sky. Iris was picked up by one of the young men of the tribe. The old woman put Niko down on a flat rock nearby and walked in front of everyone else.

OLD WOMAN: Great and wise sky god! What do you want from us?
SKY: Celtic tribe, you have finally accumulated enough people to form a civilization. Your tribe now contains 40 humans

The old woman looked around. Including Niko and Iris, the tribe did indeed have 40 people

OLD WOMAN: How shall we begin?
SKY: Who shall lead your civilization until the end of time?

In unison, everyone stepped away from the old woman, as if they were pointing to her. Niko was amazed in this uniform decision.

OLD WOMAN: I shall become the one who will lead the Celtic Civilization
SKY: Very well! Your 39 citizens will now become immortal. I shall give them the immortal rain. This immortal rain is very special. The immortal rain set’s everybody’s age to 20. If you are older than 20, you will instantly become 20. If you are younger, then you will stop growing at the age of 20. You may only die from unnatural causes like disease or physical damage
YOUNG MAN: So we will die from getting stabbed?
SKY: That is correct
YOUNG MAN: Darn it!

The rain stopped, and a new rain fell. It fell only on the 39 future citizens of Celtia, who would be the immortal citizens of Celtia. Niko immediately thought of something but an aged woman, who suddenly became young again, spoke

NEW WOMAN: Wait! I have a child that will be born in 5 months! What about him?
SKY: I am sorry, but your child will not become immortal

The woman dropped to her knees and began to cry. Niko was happy to be immortal but he felt like he just killed someone to get it. Iris, or course, was still sleeping. She wouldn’t understand any of this anyway.

SKY: As for you
OLD WOMAN: Yes?
SKY: You will get a different rain. You will also return to the age of 20. However! You will not die from disease or physical means; you will only die if the Celtic civilization is no more
OLD WOMAN: If the Celtic civilization is alive, then so am I?
SKY: That is correct. I will now give you your rain.

A bright green coloured rain then fell on the old woman. Everyone watched in amazement, including Niko, as the 89 year old woman transformed into a young 20 year old lady. Her grey hear changed to a long red hair that flowed past her shoulders. Her wrinkles disappeared from her face and were replaced by a very beautiful looking girl. She began to speak; her voice was filled with much more power than before.

OLD WOMAN: Wow! I feel so...new!
SKY: Yes! But! Make sure you keep your immortals alive! For if there is only 1 immortal left, he is destined to destroy your empire!

And with that, the sky turned clear and blue. The formally old woman turned around

EXCITED MAN: Elder! You look so young!
OLD WOMAN: You will not address me as elder anymore. You can call me by my real name: Boudica. The leader of the Celtic Civilization.

15 Years Later

Niko stepped out of his tiny hut; a hut that contained only 1 room and was built out of sticks. Today was a day of relaxation and Niko was excited to get on the beach and lie down for the next 4 hours. He began to walk down the yellow stone path that lined the center of the village. The village of Diamant was one yellow coloured road, lined by small huts on both sides. At the end of the huts, the path snaked off to one side and had a gate at the end of it. The village was very small but Niko didn’t really mind that. Niko walked down the road, and towards the beach in front of him. That’s when it caught his attention that everybody was carrying large rocks in one direction. Niko immediately spotted his friend Gaillic, and ran towards him.

NIKO: Gaillic! Gaillic!

Gaillic seemed to use all his strength to turn around and face Niko. When he couldn’t do that, Gaillic just dropped the giant rock he was carrying and ran towards his friend. Gaillic was Niko’s best friend besides Iris. He turns the immortal age next year.

GAILLIC: Niko! I don’t want to be caught slacking off now!
NIKO: What are you guys doing?
GAILLIC: We’re building something called a Stonehenge. It’s supposed to fend off nearby nations
NIKO: Cool!
GAILLIC: Yeah! It would be more fun to build if miss slave driver wasn’t pushing us so hard!

What Gaillic didn’t realize was that Boudica was standing right behind him. She rolled her eyes and gave him a friendly shove in the back. Gaillic was so surprised that she was behind him that he almost fell over head first. Gaillic regained his balance and turned to face her.

GAILLIC: Oh! It’s the slave driver herself!
BOUDICA: Don’t call me a slave driver! It makes me sound like I’m such an evil person!
GAILLIC: Well...you are!
BOUDICA: Tell you what, how about I let you guys quit in about an hour, kay?

Apparently, everyone who was carrying stones heard that. In unison, they dropped the stones over to one side and began to cheer loudly

BOUDICA: Hey! I want a good hour, alright?

Then, everybody went back to work. Including Gaillic, who gave Niko a nod and ran off to get his rock back. Boudica turned towards Niko and started to laugh.

NIKO: What’s so...funny? Is there something in an hour?
BOUDICA: Haha! Yeah! Those idiots, we have a village meeting in about an hour
NIKO: You’re such an evil person
BOUDICA: Evil enough to make you come to the meeting?
NIKO: No way! Today is the day I sleep on the beach and do nothing!
BOUDICA: Pig. Just tell me if you change your mind.

Niko, happy that he just evaded potential work, continued to walk towards the beach. At last he reached the beach, and proceeded to lie down on the sand. Niko only managed to get a single minute of peace and quiet before Iris ran up to him, yelling his name over and over again. She stopped abruptly near his head and, as a result, sprayed sand into his face

NIKO: Bleagh! Eww! I ate sand!
IRIS: Niko! How are yeah?
NIKO: I was fine until you sprayed sand in my face
IRIS: You look bored, wanna go hang out on flower hill?

Flower hill...it was a hill nearby with a small plain in the middle of a forest. Niko could get some rest there but...well...he didn’t know if Iris would shut up for a moment when they got there. Niko looked back down at the sand at his feet, it looked very inviting.

Ugh! Today was not the day for hard decisions! Maybe I should tell Iris about the village meeting...? If I go to flower hill, maybe I can skip the meeting! Or maybe I can hang out with the guys.

What should Niko do?

1. Go with Iris to the flower hill
2. Tell Iris about the village meeting
3. Help Gaillic and the others and build the Stonehenge
4. Ignore Iris and stay on the beach

You probably don't need me to tell you this...but...

Voting is now open!

Remember! Only the first 5 votes count! You probably don't know this but, this choice will decide what the plot will be! Choose wisely!

Two two two!

:eek: That was quick.
It seems like the votes are:

2. IIII
3. III

It looks like your telling her about that meeting without going to the stonehenge :D
Remember the second post? I'll post what would have happened if amy of the other three choices were made. It's in a spoiler box (of course) so you don't have to read it if you don't want to

What, does Iris bug him so much that he murders her? :p

Or a wild coyote or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom