Hi Terkhen,

I enjoy ExtraModMod a lot, but I have a few bug reports.

First, Unrestricted Leaders does not work. I can check it, but leaders will only lead their normal civs.

Second, the Missionary promotion does not work. I have failed to spread religion a couple of times. Neither time was it Order to an AV city, or vice versa. Sorry I can't find a save.

Finally, I would suggest that a Nightwatch should lose the Missionary promotion after it is used.

(The behavior of Unrestricted Leaders in the base FFH is to allow you to manually select leaders, but otherwise give normal ones. This may or may not be what you're referring to.)

[to_xp]Gekko;13934302 said:
consider adding a tech prereq like Festivals then, that way the AI won't build him too soon

Festivals would be IMO too late. Loki's AI value was chosen before Tholal taught him to use Disrupt, so it was chosen having in mind mostly an immortal, enemy territory scout. I do agree that the value may be too high, but I don't think that it should be lowered a lot or that the AI should be prevented from training Loki early.

Hi Terkhen,

I enjoy ExtraModMod a lot, but I have a few bug reports.

I'm glad you like it :)

Keep the bug reports coming, I'm very interested on making the game as stable as possible.

First, Unrestricted Leaders does not work. I can check it, but leaders will only lead their normal civs.

What did you try and why does it not work? As Qgqqqqq mentioned, after selecting Unrestricted Leaders the game should allow you to select any leader to lead any civilization in the custom game screen. After starting the game, you should keep the leader you chose.

Second, the Missionary promotion does not work. I have failed to spread religion a couple of times. Neither time was it Order to an AV city, or vice versa. Sorry I can't find a save.

I tested it recently on some simple cases and it worked on all times. Did the city have anything that made it special?

Finally, I would suggest that a Nightwatch should lose the Missionary promotion after it is used.

That's definitely a bug, as I did not intend to give that promotion to Nightwatches. They will not have it on 0.5.1.

[to_xp]Gekko;13935089 said:
Terkhen can you explain how diplomatic victory works? I've searched for info about it but couldn't find anything

You can check this link: http://sourceforge.net/p/tholalsffhaimod/patches/4/

I think that some bugfixes were made after that implementation, so perhaps that's not exactly how it works now.

Downloading now and will give this a whirl with friends!

Keep up the good work! FFH is hands down the best mod out there.

A minor thing, but is it possible to change the text in the councils so it doesn't mention the UN? Or is it hardcoded?

Found a weird bug.

Two continents, I was undisputed master of one, while the other was huge Svartalfar civ, and a single city Luchuirp, which Svarts couldn't destroy due to Acheron being between them.

When I got there, there was around 50 pieces of Barnaxus around Acheron city mostly and some 20 black mirrors.

A minor thing, but is it possible to change the text in the councils so it doesn't mention the UN? Or is it hardcoded?

I think it is hardcoded. Another minor thing which bothered me is if you go Republic, you're referred to as Prime Minister. Maybe something more medieval, like chancellor?

Could you both specify where in the game "UN"/"Prime Minister" appears?

In bts you're referred to as prime minister when it is "We love the X day" in one of your cities and you run an appropriate democratic civic. (I don't remember which ones affect that exactly.) I didn't pay attention, but it's probably the same in ffh2.

For example, when the results of declaring war on someone through the Overcouncil appears, it says "UN War Resolution Succeeds!". Also I believe through the (victory?) screen where you can see all the possible resolutions, resolutions are referred to as UN Resolution xxxx.

Question. Isn't Calabim UB areplacement for courthouse? Because I can build both. Also command outpost is normal building now? Because in description is still says it can be build by GG only.

In bts you're referred to as prime minister when it is "We love the X day" in one of your cities and you run an appropriate democratic civic. (I don't remember which ones affect that exactly.) I didn't pay attention, but it's probably the same in ffh2.
For example, when the results of declaring war on someone through the Overcouncil appears, it says "UN War Resolution Succeeds!". Also I believe through the (victory?) screen where you can see all the possible resolutions, resolutions are referred to as UN Resolution xxxx.

Thanks, I see what I can do. That shouldn't require more than a couple of simple text changes.

Downloading now and will give this a whirl with friends!

Keep up the good work! FFH is hands down the best mod out there.

Thank you for the kind words! It is great to know that more people are still trying it, specially on multiplayer games. Let me know if you run into any problems :)

Found a weird bug.

Two continents, I was undisputed master of one, while the other was huge Svartalfar civ, and a single city Luchuirp, which Svarts couldn't destroy due to Acheron being between them.

When I got there, there was around 50 pieces of Barnaxus around Acheron city mostly and some 20 black mirrors.

That's... really weird. Years ago I saw a single duplicated item (it was the mirror, I think) and I spent weeks trying to reproduce the bug. I finally gave up. Thank you for the detailed scenario description, I will try to run similar games and see if I can find the issue :)

Question. Isn't Calabim UB areplacement for courthouse? Because I can build both.

It is, in vanilla Fall from Heaven, More Naval AI and other mods. As part of Erebus in the Balance changes to improve game balance, the Governor's Mannor was changed to a standalone building. ExtraModMod adopts nearly all EitB balance changes. You can check all changes that ExtraModMod makes with regard to More Naval AI in the emm_features.txt file (included in the download). You can also find it online in the following link (which already points to the line with the Governor's Mannor change): https://bitbucket.org/Terkhen/extra...m_features.txt?at=default#emm_features.txt-68

Also command outpost is normal building now? Because in description is still says it can be build by GG only.

Command outpost can only be built by Great Generals (in vanilla FFH2 it is built by Great Commanders, but they play the same role) and by leaders with the Organized trait. This worked this way also in FFH2.

Thanks, I see what I can do. That shouldn't require more than a couple of simple text changes.

Great :) I'll pull from mnai-fixes when it is time to release.

----------

Now, with regard to the release of 0.5.1. Something came up and I won't have much time in the upcoming weeks. Hopefully I will be able to run automated tests for the biggest issues (pitboss crash and duplicated items) so I can at least know what is happening when I finally have time for working on the mod again. It could take a few weeks so please be patient :)

That's... really weird. Years ago I saw a single duplicated item (it was the mirror, I think) and I spent weeks trying to reproduce the bug. I finally gave up. Thank you for the detailed scenario description, I will try to run similar games and see if I can find the issue :)

It happened again. This time I was Calabim, and there was 3 black mirrors in a tile, again very near Acheron city, so I'm guessing it has something to do with that.

I'm attaching the save, maybe it can help you debug.

Attachments

• 3bm.CivBeyondSwordSave
    477.4 KB · Views: 49
It is, in vanilla Fall from Heaven, More Naval AI and other mods. As part of Erebus in the Balance changes to improve game balance, the Governor's Mannor was changed to a standalone building. ExtraModMod adopts nearly all EitB balance changes. You can check all changes that ExtraModMod makes with regard to More Naval AI in the emm_features.txt file (included in the download). You can also find it online in the following link (which already points to the line with the Governor's Mannor change): https://bitbucket.org/Terkhen/extram...eatures.txt-68
I still don't know if this is good idea Calabim UB is already basically +1H per worked title...
Anyway any thoughts about problem of massive SoD in later parts of game? Perhaps something like +5% cumulative maintenance per unit? So if you have 100 units it will cost you 500gpt. I always have hope that some mod will find a way to fix problem of massive SoD and overpowered collateral damage. Other thing worth mentioning is that archers are as always useless, but then that was true from vanilla civ4 onwards.

OOS issues as follows:

Sometimes when starting a game, there'll be a turn 1 OOS issue, with one human player starting in a location different to the one he is supposed to start in when reloading.

A rare OOS happens 3-400 turns into a marathon game that can be fixed with a quick reload.

I'll look into getting them logged for next time.

Really isn't a big issue. Reloading takes 30 seconds thanks to Steamworks.

*edit* OOS logging enabled as per testing wiki instructions, and will have friends do the same.

It happened again. This time I was Calabim, and there was 3 black mirrors in a tile, again very near Acheron city, so I'm guessing it has something to do with that.

I'm attaching the save, maybe it can help you debug.

Thank you for the savegame! Perhaps if I run the game further, the issue happens again. The AI is fond of suiciding countless units against Acheron, so maybe the bug triggers when a unit holding an item is killed outside of its cultural borders or something like that. I vaguely remember some old errors with equipment in this case.

I still don't know if this is good idea Calabim UB is already basically +1H per worked title...

You seem to be suggesting that splitting the Governor's Mannor from the Courthouse is a buff... As you can see in the feature list I linked earlier, the Governor's Mannor no longer gives the default effect of the Courthouse. Therefore, to get both effects you need to spend 120 hammers for the Mannor, and then the cost of the standalone Courthouse.

Anyway any thoughts about problem of massive SoD in later parts of game? Perhaps something like +5% cumulative maintenance per unit? So if you have 100 units it will cost you 500gpt. I always have hope that some mod will find a way to fix problem of massive SoD and overpowered collateral damage. Other thing worth mentioning is that archers are as always useless, but then that was true from vanilla civ4 onwards.

I am not planning to address changes to SoD's. If you are talking about the gameplay issues they bring, I believe that Fall from Heaven was designed with them in mind and removing them would be a big alteration of the original game. Please note that I'm not saying that I like SoD's; just that it would make the game too different. You can see what I consider a great example of SoD prevention mechanics in the Realism Invictus mod; since I followed its development back then I know for a fact that they had to face a lot of redesign to reach that goal. ExtraModMod does not plan to separate so much from vanilla Fall from Heaven.

There also other reasons to consider, mainly that it would require an obscene amount of work. It would also force a reimplementation of too many key aspects of the game. For example, it would require a huge AI rework (in order to make it understand the new mechanics) and a huge rebalance of many gameplay features (spells in particular).

If you are talking about SoD's making the game slow... the issue is that fixing that would require an even greater amount of work. You can review a post I made about the situation here.

In short; if I had the amount of time required to make these changes, I'd rather spend it on doing a complete game from scratch.

OOS issues as follows:

Thanks for the reports!

Sometimes when starting a game, there'll be a turn 1 OOS issue, with one human player starting in a location different to the one he is supposed to start in when reloading.

I am very interested on this OOS. I ran 25 automated multiplayer games prior to releasing 0.5.0, and many others during its development... and none of them triggered an OOS in the first turn. This kind of automatic testing can fail to check gameplay features that are only used by humans, but the start of the game should be identical. The only known case in which ExtraModMod will desynch on the first turn is if one of the players is not using the same version as the other players, but this does not seem to be the issue you saw, as in that case the same client would be the one causing the OOS on all attempts.

A rare OOS happens 3-400 turns into a marathon game that can be fixed with a quick reload.

I'll look into getting them logged for next time.

Really isn't a big issue. Reloading takes 30 seconds thanks to Steamworks.

*edit* OOS logging enabled as per testing wiki instructions, and will have friends do the same.

Wow, that's great. Having logs for any remaining OOS issues would be extremely helpful for ExtraModMod development. A savegame from as many turns early as possible would also help. The only known OOS issue right now is triggered when a human player creates a puppet state, could have been that what caused the issue in your case?

Is there anywhere I can find a changelog with all of the features before I download the whole thing?

Thank You! I have read the documentation, and you may consider me a convert. I'll download it later today and try it out!

Top Bottom