Wild Mana for FFH 2

now that's what I call stacks of doom :D (immortal difficulty)

in theory the stack on the second picture first hits his enemies with rust/charm, then summons about 40 fireballs to bombard/suicide them and then the attacks whatever is left the by using the best attacker (most likely the champions).

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0088.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0088.JPG
    461.9 KB · Views: 6,637
  • Civ4ScreenShot0089.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0089.JPG
    432 KB · Views: 6,561
This is very cool stuff Sephi, Im especially interested in your next version with the automating of casters (more so to have the ai use them, but the anti-micro is good too).

I really like the idea of the wild mana. I haven't tried it yet (sorry, RL and other projects), but I have started preferring to play without 'Blessing of Amatheon' since I think it gives a lot of mana nodes and I know I get into a 'pattern' of nodes to build. I kind of like the idea of limiting the choice somewhat, forcing players to learn new strategies. Of course, choice has a lot of strategic value, so I think it can be a double edged sword.

I also think limiting the chocie of mana should boost the AI since apparently it is an area in which the humans are a lot better . (My apologies to Turinturinbar, Skye Noctis, or othes who may have built better AI for this.)

Best wishes,

Breunor

too many mods that I like :/ and that are needed (that is why I made mine modular so if you want it great if not it is easy to remove -I know most are too advanced to be modular-)..., but this one could be essential to the main mod so I am glad Kael is looking at it.

wow, Kael himself complimented this modmod... no doubts I'm playing it right now and having tons of fun, eh? :D that's one good testament to the quality of your work Sephi ( and of course, Skyre Noktis' and Turinturambar's as well :) )

argh! it was too good to last... I'm experiencing a repeatable CTD at the and of the turn of the attached game.

aside from this, my neighbours the hippus are not building any horsies at all, they love axemen and my centaurs are slaughtering them ( shock promotions are even easier to get than formation promotions, which helps me even more... ) , and I've noticed a couple TXT_KEYS in the "effects" page of the civilopedia ( touch of life and master of divination, which I think are the ones you took from Arcane Mastery modmod, right? )

I really hope you can help me fix this issue, as I was having tons of fun :D

I found what's causing the CTD: the scroll left by the guardian on that ice mana node that's sitting 1 tile west from the northernmost Doviello city. deleting it with worldbuilder fixes the CTD.

eh, I really wanted to be able to continue my game you know... hopefully that was useful :D

were you able to understand why exactly that spellbook made the game crash btw?

I've read the changelog for the upcoming version 2.0, this modmod is becoming more and more totally awesome :D

while I'm at it, let me ask how exactly do you read the spellbook that the guardian drops when killed? I just managed to kill a tiger guarding a nature node, but I can't seem to understand how to pick it up/read it...

the problem with the CtD is in bool CvUnitAI::AI_wizardReadBook(). Since it is DLL based I cannot release a quickfix.

I hope you can finish your game Gekko.

[to_xp]Gekko;8232306 said:
while I'm at it, let me ask how exactly do you read the spellbook that the guardian drops when killed? I just managed to kill a tiger guarding a nature node, but I can't seem to understand how to pick it up/read it...
You need an arcane unit to pick it up and read it. I forgot to block barbarian units from reading the spellbooks so a Lich will rather read the necromancy book than guard it :lol: (both this and the Ctd will be fixed)

good to know. now for a question and a couple suggestions:

I noticed that barb cities can spawn on wild mana nodes. not sure if this is supposed to happen, so I thought I'd ask the creator himself :D

then, I miss flavourmod and those awesome functions Jean Elcard wrote for FF, like the buttons to block cities from going into unhappiness/unhealthiness, the optimization for hell terrain spread so that it doesn't slow down the game too much, and of course the added info like for example how much money a courthouse would save, the ehnanced dawn of man screen... if you could add those to the modmod, I'd be the happiest man ever. keep up the great work :goodjob:

too many mods that I like :/ and that are needed (that is why I made mine modular so if you want it great if not it is easy to remove -I know most are too advanced to be modular-)..., but this one could be essential to the main mod so I am glad Kael is looking at it.
Do you plan to add some more stuff to the Hippus+ mod or are you finished so far? While Hippus are quite strong giving them some more options (mercs and the like) would be pretty cool. I thought about a Hippus+ Gameoption :D

[to_xp]Gekko;8232334 said:
I noticed that barb cities can spawn on wild mana nodes. not sure if this is supposed to happen, so I thought I'd ask the creator himself :D
already blocked barbs from spawning cities on bonuses :D

[to_xp]Gekko;8232334 said:
then, I miss flavourmod and those awesome functions Jean Elcard wrote for FF, like the buttons to block cities from going into unhappiness/unhealthiness, the optimization for hell terrain spread so that it doesn't slow down the game too much, and of course the added info like for example how much money a courthouse would save, the ehnanced dawn of man screen... if you could add those to the modmod, I'd be the happiest man ever. keep up the great work :goodjob:
Yeah, when you don't play FF you really notice how much incredible awesome stuff it has. I really miss some of the interface stuff like the great person bar etc.

oh yeah, I just remembered another thing I miss from FF... being able to group HN units! that one was even in notque's AI mod, which was pretty much the spiritual prequel to your mod... :D

I won this game with a cultural victory and I was pondering starting another one as Faeryl, when I realized my worldspell would be the most annoying thing ever :lol:

when is version 2.0 supposed to come out btw? maybe I can avoid starting a new game just before it breaks it ( although I'm sure that would be worth it :D )

[to_xp]Gekko;8232664 said:
oh yeah, I just remembered another thing I miss from FF... being able to group HN units! that one was even in notque's AI mod, which was pretty much the spiritual prequel to your mod... :D
Will be in next version :D

I won this game with a cultural victory and I was pondering starting another one as Faeryl, when I realized my worldspell would be the most annoying thing ever :lol:
You should definetly wait with Svartalfar for the automated Priest of Leaves.

when is version 2.0 supposed to come out btw? maybe I can avoid starting a new game just before it breaks it ( although I'm sure that would be worth it :D )
I don't know, maybe a week. Quite a bit of the arcane unitais still can use some improvement

Cool looking mod, however I found a small text key error in GameOptionInfos.xml:

Code:
		<GameOptionInfo>
			<Type>GAMEOPTION_WILD_MANA</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_WILD_MANA</Description>
			<Help>[i]T[/i]TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_WILD_MANA_HELP</Help>
			<bDefault>0</bDefault>
			<bVisible>1</bVisible>
		</GameOptionInfo>

Just started a game as the Amurites. The event just triggered- I turned on Blessings of Amathaon so I had a likely chance of getting as much mana as possible, and it looks like it worked. Looks fun!

automated... priests... of leaves... you mean they're going to handle terraforming themselves while I attend to more interesting things? this is a dream come true :goodjob:

speaking of notque's modmod, one of the reasons I loved it was that the AIs could use ships wisely. I've even seen them settling small islands very quickly and efficiently, it was truly a joy to watch. I haven't gotten the chance to see how the AIs fare with ships in your modmod yet though, so I thought I'd ask: did you also improve their understanding of naval warfare/settling as well as everything else? :D ( FF also has good improvements in that area, easy ones too like early ships having more cargo space and not needing copper for example )

well, honestly I think you should join the FF team Sephi. maybe alongside Skyre Noktis' and Turinturambar? we definitely need more guys working on improving AI :lol:

Hmm... I'm intrigued by the "new leaders" part of the next changelog... Do I have to wait to find out more informations on that or would you share some infos..? :p

Top Bottom