Magister Modmod

Since I do not know enough about modding, I guess giving a hint as to what file I should open up and edit to do the following would be helpful (whether Magister gives the hint or anyone else, I'm open to it!)

"Warning: I just noticed that I did not edit this code when I split Potency into seperate Arcane and Zeal promotions. Completing this ritual without first changing iPot = gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_POTENCY') to iPot = gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_ZEAL') is not recommended."

That is, there must be some (insertname).xml I could open and seek out that line to change.

I guess like the poster above, I'd also await "CIV4ProjectInfos.xml" which it sounded like was forgotten. Again, not like this is exactly bugfixing, rather if MC gets around to changing the item to download (relatively small assets folder elements, even only the forgotten bits), that'd be ducky.

The place I forgot to change Potency to Zeal is in Assets\python\CvEventManager.py, in def onProjectBuilt, 3 lines below if iProjectType == gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROJECT_THE_WHITE_HAND'):

Making Herald's Call work right would require either changing a effectHeraldsBlessing(pCaster) in CIV4PromotionInfos.xml to effectHeraldsCall(pCaster), or making the opposite change in CvSpellinterface.py

In CIV4ProjectInfos.xml, the changes were:
for PROJECT_STIR_FROM_SLUMBER: changing <PrereqCivilization>CIVILIZATION_ILLIANS</PrereqCivilization> to <PrereqCivilization>NONE</PrereqCivilization>

for PROJECT_RITES_OF_OGHMA, changing <iMaxGlobalInstances>1</iMaxGlobalInstances> to <iMaxGlobalInstances>-1</iMaxGlobalInstances>

For PROJECT_THE_DEEPENING adding <AnyonePrereqProject>PROJECT_SAMHAIN</AnyonePrereqProject>

for PROJECT_THE_DRAW, increasing iCost from 900 to 1200

for PROJECT_ASCENTION, decreasing iCost from 1200 to 800

So, what do people think of the Blue Dragon idea?

I never got around to checking if this works with the scenarios. Has anyone else? I know I'd have to remove some Channeling I promotions to prevent too many units from accessing too many spell spheres, but I'm not sure if they would load right or not as I don't have it saved under the default FfH name.

I think you should include the blue dragon, but not tell people how to get it.

Regarding the scenarios, it tells me its got to reload vanilla FfH2 to play the scenarios.

I'm thinking now I may actually add 2 different ways to get the dragon, the easier of which is really risky.

It will tell you you need to reload vanilla FfH based purely on the mod name, but I'm not sure if they would work or not if you had installed my modmod over vanilla FfH instead of in a copy of the foler with a different name. (Alternately, you could edit the scenario files to change the name of the mod that is supposed to load it.) I suspect that most of them would still work that way, although some might not.

I eventually plan to release new versions of the default scenarios and maybe one or two of my own, but that won't be anytime soon. I'd allow you to win Blood of the Angels by freeing Odio or Brigit instead of only by killing Cassiel. I'd include all 21 spell spheres in The Gift, and possible change the character back to Tya instead of Dain. (Kael thought it was too dark to have a pregnant mage lead through the cave by a vision of the spirit of her unborn son, only to have a miscarriage due to the stress of the trials she barely survived ans should not have tried in her condition.)

You should really disable exploring lairs for barbarian civilizations. I was playing a game as the Clan of Embers, and I parked a Goblin on the Broken Sepulcher, exploring it as often as he could. Hordes of powerful barbs spawned, and I got a lot of equipments and great people from it.

Without a bit more familiarity with how you tweaked the Overlords, and other religions, I can't quite say for sure, but it seems like it might be a tad overpowered. Wouldn't being the first to build Hemah allow you to awaken the Blue Dragon, giving you two WMD's at that point, which I think is still earlier than Strength of Will?

What if it's strength waxed and waned with the tides? At high tide it would be an absolute beast, but at low tide far more vulnerable. This ties in with his watery origins and reflects balance, Danalin's aspect.

Anyway, here's a potential pic: http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs12/i/2006/286/5/b/Ryujin_by_GENZOMAN.jpg

Truly? That might be interesting, especially if the riskier one wasn't OO-dependent.

No, what I was thinking is that the risky way would be OO Speakers resurrecting him as a Barbarian Unit. I might also make it cost the Caster's life. (He likely also start with Crazed/Enraged/Burning Blood, which would be in his XML defines so that he's hard to control even when captured by a Beastmaster. I might also need to give him Hidden Nationality or make him AlwaysHostile so that is not safe for barbarian trait civs. The latter option would require making 2 seperate units to represent the same beats in different moods, or a custom DLL.)

The safer way would require Water III and the Spear of Majosi. I'd make it so that this equipment could only be gained by exploring the Aifon Isle, instead of from opening a chest. This way his sanity would be restored and he would serve those who resurrected him instead of killing them.

What if it's strength waxed and waned with the tides? At high tide it would be an absolute beast, but at low tide far more vulnerable. This ties in with his watery origins and reflects balance, Danalin's aspect.

Anyway, here's a potential pic: http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs12/i/2006/286/5/b/Ryujin_by_GENZOMAN.jpg

Adding a mechanic to trace the tides sounds like too much work, and isn't really needed. It could be nice in a Scenario, but I never see that making into the main mod.

Balance is Dagda's aspect, not Danalin's. Danalin is the God of Water, Serenity, Inner Peace, Rest, Dispassionate Love, Contemplation, and the wisdom that comes from passively observing things over the course of a long lifetime rather than rushing into action.

I'm not a big fan of that pic. It doesn't look like that creature could survive on land, and I have a hard time imagining it ever having been a gentle creature. Also, I'll just be reusing Drifa's graphics (unless someone quickly sends me some amazing new graphics for it) and would rather the pic look at least a little like the graphics.

Do you have any notes for changes to Council of Esus?

In particular I was wondering whether it would be possible to have it so that you could keep running Arete or Guardian of Nature, but in turn perhaps it could then be set so that CoE state religion could produce ROK/FOL units (not world units) - though perhaps perverted in some way.

I think this would suit the Svart in particular, and would perhaps give a roleplay route for the Khazad to be corrupted by greed...

I haven't really changed the Council of Esus very much so far. Nightwatches are a bit stronger and have ranged attacks, and Shadowriders start with Shadow I and II and gain the hidden promotion from combat. I thought I'd made Nox Noctis give Stealth, but it seems I forgot that common change in this particular version.

Keeping religion-dependent civics is not possible without the religion. I could make those civics require only religion specific techs but not state religion. I could also create copies of the civics that appear identical to other civs, but those copies would still show up in the civic screen and you would still be able to ask them to convert to a civic they look like they are already following.

At one point I was planning to give them False Priests of every religion. These would appear identical to the real thing, but wouldn't have access to the same (or possibly any) spells. They would probably not have promotions like Spirit Guide for free, but instead promotions that appear the same but without a real effect. They would be able to use Inquisition in cities of civ's following their apparent religion, and be able to remove that unit and spread CoE. Their version of Evangelize Units would make units abandon their apparent religion. They could create false temples of their religion having essentially the opposite of the real religion's effect.

On the other hand, it wouldn't really fool anyone unless we can figure out a way to make them appear to actually follow a different religion, which is something Kael and Xienwolf have both failed to figure out.

There is another approach I've used before which I might use again. Sometimes I make it so that Priests (unlike High Priests) no longer require a state religion, but instead their spells do. I typically place some alignment restriction on priests though.

(The civ I'd most want to roleplay as corrupted would be the Bannor. It is canonical that their priests became corrupt and began hunting down those who were truely faithful to Junil, while still claiming that god was giving them their orders. I suspect they were working for the Stewards of Inequity, but that religion of Mammon is close to CoE.)

I've never actually tried to set it up so that Esus appears to be following a different religion, it'd be pretty simple to do though, you just have to decide how to select which religion they appear to follow. Personally I would either go with the same religion as the person looking, or the same religion as currently holds majority influence in the world (even if that is Esus itself). But it hasn't been requested by the team, so I haven't placed it on the already massive list of intended code :) It is actually a change simple enough that someone who wanted to start in the DLL could start with it.

Really? Interesting.

I'd rather allow the player to select his apparent religion, perhaps through a spell.

I think ideally it would not show a change when they convert to CoE, but then they could choose for themselves what they appear to follow. In some cases it might me better to use your apparent religion to get close to one powerful civ rather than a large group of weak civs.

Can you also make people see the wrong alignment?

How about making other CoE civs see through the charade?

... Nightwatches are a bit stronger and have ranged attacks...

Does this mean that Nightwatches also gain exp from ranged attacks as in FF and RiFE (IIRC)? Which code should I edit to include exp from ranged attacks and to show the ranged attack strength in the screen?

If it is a DLL work, please ignore my request. I have no knowledge at all in DLLs :lol:

This just uses the normal FfH DLL instead of the FF one, so no one gets xp from ranged attacks. It probably is not a major change, but it is DLL work so I won't be adding it for a while.

Well, sure the Water III + Trident of Magosi should require Stir from Slumber, but if u have to sacrifice a speaker, I don't think u should need Stir from Slumber to have previously been created. If, however, u did need Stir from Slumber created ... then just have the spell cost half the speaker's exp or something.

I think ideally it would not show a change when they convert to CoE, but then they could choose for themselves what they appear to follow. In some cases it might me better to use your apparent religion to get close to one powerful civ rather than a large group of weak civs.

Can you also make people see the wrong alignment?

How about making other CoE civs see through the charade?

It is less a question of how much you CAN change how the other players see it, and more of how much you WANT to change. The rabbit hole grows ever downward. If you change the alignment they see, then do you also change the civics they see if the civic you are using requires an alignment you don't appear to have? Do you change their Diplomacy options so they cannot ask you to convert to a civic/religion which they think you are already following?...

Each item you decide to change the appearance of leads to one or more other items which are now not quite right in a clever human's eyes.

Haven't tried it yet but I have a few questions before I do it, specifically for playing elves. Since blooming now requires Nature 2 does that mean I need sorcery which is much more expensive to get than priesthood? Or is there some other way to get treants than teching for an endgame tech? Just not sure what are my options for getting AF's everywhere, especially if I want to adopt religion other than FoL?

Aeron's Chosen depends not on UNITCLASS_ASSASSIN, but on the presence of the Marksman promotion. This means that Aeron often chooses the hero of the civ devoted to him.

Got Alazkan to level 6 and nothing. Then used a WB to get an assassin to level 6 and she became an AC. I've slightly modified him by copy-pasting 2 rows from a shadow so that he requires a CoE in a city and starts with one, but I don't see how it could affect the AC promo.

Top Bottom