RANDOM RANTS XXII: The Angry Dome

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Major Depression...

...thanks alot six months of unemployment and being alone with no girlfriend.

Have you possibly looked into starting a venture with one of your talents?

The reason you are unsuccessful is because you basically throw in the towel every time.

Find something to earn money with, even if it's just something small, gain self-confidence, get out more, and you will meet somebody.

But don't expect to be dating the first girl you meet within a week.

On the job hunt thing: Offering to work somewhere for free to prove how awesome you are is a tactic advocated by the bootstrap pullers.

5/10 shops didn't have vacancies and the remaining 5 weren't interviewing right now. Crap

Had a bit of a fight with the girlfriend tonight. I told her I felt like I was raising her like a kid, because she makes irresponsible decisions that I have to protect her from. And that she was flippant about gravely important things.

I foresee problems in our future. Problems I wish we could have avoided. But I feel that they would only resurface later on down the road, with greater consequences.

But I also wonder, am I blowing these out of proportion? Are these problems that can be solved, or should I even be trying to solve them? Is learning to live with her quirkiness wrong? I think I might come to dominate the relationship if we continue, making all the important decisions and lording over her like, well, like my daughter. And I do not want that. But is it really wrong for things to become that way, or is it simply personal taste?

And then I worry that, if we separated, she might wind up with someone not so benevolent as I, and that would break my heart worse than breaking up in the first place. I feel like I should be the one who watches over her, like I have inherited this burden through our love. I do not like it, as I have said, but I worry that the alternative is worse.

Some tough days lie ahead.

I hope the best for you.

Had a bit of a fight with the girlfriend tonight. I told her I felt like I was raising her like a kid, because she makes irresponsible decisions that I have to protect her from. And that she was flippant about gravely important things.

I foresee problems in our future. Problems I wish we could have avoided. But I feel that they would only resurface later on down the road, with greater consequences.

But I also wonder, am I blowing these out of proportion? Are these problems that can be solved, or should I even be trying to solve them? Is learning to live with her quirkiness wrong? I think I might come to dominate the relationship if we continue, making all the important decisions and lording over her like, well, like my daughter. And I do not want that. But is it really wrong for things to become that way, or is it simply personal taste?

And then I worry that, if we separated, she might wind up with someone not so benevolent as I, and that would break my heart worse than breaking up in the first place. I feel like I should be the one who watches over her, like I have inherited this burden through our love. I do not like it, as I have said, but I worry that the alternative is worse.

Some tough days lie ahead.

You're giving off mad Katerina Ivanovna vibes. Not good at all.

Not the love triangle part. The "sticking with a relationship with one's 'inferior' out of vanity, a martyr complex, and a misguided sense of obligation" part.

I apologize for being so harsh, but some of the sentiments you expressed are very unhealthy.

socialpathic?

Why? For dignity/pride?

But you'd sell yourself short? Wouldn't that effect your pride/dignity too?

I remember being in the dole office in the '90s, and such, and seeing the sheer depravity of being there.
It dehumanises you, it's designed to make you into a second class citizen.

The thing is, I can't stand being idle, I need to do something, no matter how much I'm "selling myself short", and I'd rather be working than collecting the giro every week and sitting at home twiddling my thumbs.

As for the unpaid internships, it ain't really an option; I need to pay bills, rent, and all accumulated debts from uni. IT's not possible.

I remember being in the dole office in the '90s, and such, and seeing the sheer depravity of being there.
It dehumanises you, it's designed to make you into a second class citizen.

The thing is, I can't stand being idle, I need to do something, no matter how much I'm "selling myself short", and I'd rather be working than collecting the giro every week and sitting at home twiddling my thumbs.

As for the unpaid internships, it ain't really an option; I need to pay bills, rent, and all accumulated debts from uni. IT's not possible.

Yeah I get the activity thing. Its also good because you don't have gaps in your CV, could be contributing to a job you want by getting one you don't. Plus when you've got to pay off debt I wouldn't imagine jobseekers would do much good.

Bar some luck I will be on the dole this summer, and I'm going to be queuing up with the jobless regulars from the pub I work in. That will probably be the height of my feelings of awkwardness. But I'm a whore so dignity and pride are moot issues with me.

I understand, I don't blame people for being on the dole at all, but it jsut ain't for me, 'less things get desperate.

Ridiculous system also means that I get the very minimum dole, not enough toe ven live on, sicne I've never contributed tax.
As a student, I've been exempt from tax all my life.
How is this fair?

Ahh... 21 cents profit from my 400 dollar portfolio on the first day... :)

...But that's a drop in the bucket compared to the 14 dollar commission fee I had to pay for it all!

Stocks better rally soon, or I will be participating in sacrifices. If at first you don't succeed, sacrifice, sacrifice, sacrifice. People.

*winks and nods*

...well, that or the stocks could crash enormously and not go back up until I get a few hundred more dollars deposited... :mischief:

I was just playing Modern Warfare 2 with my brother and his friend, and they just keep noob tubing most of the time, and teaming up against me in an FFA match, and my brother even uses One Man Army and Danger Close to get unlimited super-powered grenades. :mad: I refuse to play with them while they act like a-holes.

On the other hand, I did win, which is probably a rave.

No, the 360. I don't have a PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom