Livestream #3: "Affinities: Which Direction?" - Aug 28th

I did.

I was hoping to show that Harmony doesn't equate to endless peace with the aliens. That's harder to illustrate with a late-game save, and much easier to show at the opening. I'm sorry if you were disappointed in the absence of late-game Harmony.

It was still great seeing a bit of how the Promised Land victory looks with the warp gate and earth settlers.

I did.

I was hoping to show that Harmony doesn't equate to endless peace with the aliens. That's harder to illustrate with a late-game save, and much easier to show at the opening. I'm sorry if you were disappointed in the absence of late-game Harmony.

You should have done a bit of early/late with all 3 to show a balanced picture. Here's going into a tree... and here's the result.

You did show it well.
And Harmony will come in due time, I'm sure. ;)

I did.

Still enjoyed the livestream though, keep up the good work! Also, could you give us a hint as to when we might see late-game Harmony units, or say, what a certain leader looks like going down all three affinities?

It was still great seeing a bit of how the Promised Land victory looks with the warp gate and earth settlers.

Yeah this was the best part. I like how you have to physically settle the refugees; it's not just a bar that takes 20 turns to fill up.

I have to say this week was probably the least interesting stream so far. Seeing actual gameplay differences between affinities would have been nice. Something like 30 turns mid game showing how different affinities approach similar problems differently. This stream didn't show anything but how Purity and Supremacy are aesthetically different.

We did learn how promised land works. Each earth settlement supports 6 settlers and you need protect 20 settlers from the warp gate to an earth settlement.

I was bit disappointed how you could teleport units with supremacy satellite, yet not showing them. (Teleportation graphics are not in there yet maybe?)

A thing we did learn is that alien nests will respawn only on xenomass-miasma tiles.

Harmony bonuses:

Level 1 Alien aggression level returns to neutral twice as fast
Level 3 miasma no longer damages units
Level 6 Miasma heals units
Level 8 4 free xenomass
Level 11 thumper operation
level 13 endgame construction

Last I checked the tech "Alien Hybridization" allows units to heal in Miasma. Doesn't that make Harmony's bonuses redundant?

Last I checked the tech "Alien Hybridization" allows units to heal in Miasma. Doesn't that make Harmony's bonuses redundant?

No because it says it heals 5 per turn on six, which is added to what Alien Hybridization does.

Is this up anywhere yet? I was definatly at an accountability formation.

A thing we did learn is that alien nests will respawn only on xenomass-miasma tiles.

Are you sure? In the purity game, he had units in the settlement area to keep nests from spawning in the fog of war. I didn't notice if there was xenomass out there or not though. I wasn't paying super close attention and may have missed that bit. I did hear him say the nest WILL respawn if the xenomass isn't capped, but not that they can only spawn in those spots.

Also regarding xenomass, it was said he needs to send a worker and build a well there but it's nowhere near his city. Can affinity resources have tile improvements outside your borders?

i am a bit disappointed:

-why does a supremacy player need so many farms? for feeding the human brains in a jar?
-the aliens don't seem to be a late game threat. in AC aliens could really mess you up due to their combat mechanic
-no military outposts, e.g. bunkers and turrets (as a mix between tile improvements/units) to guard borders
-the units look a bit lame imho especially the mechs

one game that did faction diversification really well was Universe at War: Earth Assault, i would have loved to see drastic faction diversity akin to this game (between the affinities).

Does anybody know if this will be up on youtube or somewhere that doesnt require adobe flash?

Top Bottom