Annoying bug (?) with Aztecs & ennemy workers

4N4C0ND4

King
Hello fellow Fnatics.

I just played an Aztec game and I saw something that I wasn't expected: when you kill a worker with an archer for example, you don't get any culture! Correct me if I'm wrong but I did it twice and saw no +culture pop up after the kill.

Definitly not game breaking but I was a bit sad, if not for the historical part that it was usually slaves aka workers that were sacrified to the Gods :p

And I suspect it should be the same with any civilian units, like GP & Generals.

Also another general annoying thing is that I don't know how you can force an archer to capture a civilian; seems that those bow fanatics prefer to shoot above enslaving them :rolleyes:

Not really a bug, but an inherent feature of how game is designed. You get culture equal to the combat strength of the killed units, since civilians have no combat strength, they don't give culture.
Also another general annoying thing is that I don't know how you can force an archer to capture a civilian; seems that those bow fanatics prefer to shoot above enslaving them :rolleyes:
You have to use the "move" option in the unit menue to the left. It has something like an arrow as its icon. You are right that simply clicking the target will use the default "ranged attack" option.

Not really a bug, but an inherent feature of how game is designed. You get culture equal to the combat strength of the killed units, since civilians have no combat strength, they don't give culture.
Ah, I do understand now.
Still doesn't seems like intended but I do see how fixing this would need so much work for a minor annoyance.

You have to use the "move" option in the unit menue to the left. It has something like an arrow as its icon. You are right that simply clicking the target will use the default "ranged attack" option.

Thanks! Should be included in the "unusual tips" thread if not. Time to enslave some workers!

Top Bottom