RFC: Easiest Historical Victory?

I think China is the easiest (at 3000 BC). The most difficult part of the Chinese is building those 2 academies and 2 pagodas by 1000ad, but still very easy. Meanwhile, I crush the Mongolians on the turn they appear, build the great wall to prevent barbarians, annhilate Japan and vassalizes (willingly) Khmer, India, Maya, Aztec and Inca (I was first to circumnavigate), all on monarch. China has a very solid starting position, good food, production and commerce city sites, what else can be easier?

Edit: I would say any victory is possible for china (except for diplomatic as the new rule wont let you vote for yourself). I could have easily won domination/conquest with china by capitulating everyone.

I would say India is a bit difficult (at 3000BC), founding the 5 religions are managable (except confucian and taoism, even at viceroy the chinese beat me to them). The hardest part is getting the highest population by 1200 AD, because the Chinese always has like at least 1.5 times the pop I have despite ongoing plague that hits him and not me.

I think Japs are the easiest. In fact, they are unbelievably easy...

I played on noble by mistake (I normally can't win on Noble), had a civil revolt, and met like 4 empires over the entire history of my game. However, I won, really easily... almost without thinking about it (I was surprised when I won, as I was trying to STOP everyone else from getting it)

The main problem was unstability. I played the entire game unstable/shaky, and as soon as I colonied in indonesia to try and improve my trade situation (as I wasn't quite sure the commonwealth was doing its job), I decended into civil war, but reclaimed everything really easily :p (One revolting city had only a galleon to defend itself :p

Okay, so Japan's "Never lose a city by 1850" means that you can lose a city via bad stability and still get it?

In any case I saw some post that ranked them all in order. Here were the easiest four.

Japan
Netherlands
Germany
America

What do you think?

I'm glad some other people were having problems with Persia. On the middle difficulty (Monarch, I think), I was able to get two holy shrines (I sacked both Jerusalem and Delhi, where the Indians founded Buddhism), I was able to get the wonders in the nick of time (I finished the last one in 680 AD, I think, and the condition requires you to have all 7 by 700 AD), but I was only able to get 4.5% of the globe, roughly, not the 8% required for victory.

It was a fun experience though, even if I only got 2/3.

I haven't played them all yet, but I have achieved a Monarch victory with Egypt, China, India, Japan, Khmer, Vikings, Babylon, Carthage and most recently Arabia.

Babylon was the hardest so far by a large margin. Japan and China were the easiest, probably Japan was easier than China.

But I love the challenge. It is like cracking a puzzle each time, with very little room for mistakes along the way. Sometimes it seems as if just picking the wrong tech to research or improving the wrong tile first will preclude any chance of that particular strategy being successful. I love this mod.

To succeed at all of the civs requires perfecting all sorts of different skills such as warmongering (Arabia), commerce (Vikings), religion (India) and wonder building (Egypt). I have learnt soooo much to improve my overall skill base from playing this mod.

china is theoretically easy, but 120 (or whatever huge number it is) units is insane. at least heir power helps

Concerning the 120 units required for the Chinese, I found that a combination of Hereditary Rule, Slavery and Nationalism (the latter about 20 turns before the 1600 AD deadline) did the trick quite nicely. Near the end I had about 10 cities, 8 of which were a little below or above pop 10, so I did a lot of drafting and whipping, with Hereditary Rule effectively nullifying the unhappiness caused by it. I think I at least doubled the number of units I had within 20-30 turns. The funny thing is that, for some reason I was sure that 160 units were required and I thought I'd lose the race (especially after a conquered Japanese town went independent, taking 9-10 units with it) before I realised that 120 were enough. I ended the game with about 150 units! :D

I think egypt is quite easy to win. at least on viceroy. i must admit i restarted several times, because i hated to overhand my most productive city to the ethyopians. so what i did is to move my settler down south-east to the cost where you´ll find scheep, fish and cattle and founded my capital there, so when the ethiopians spawn, i was not even asked to give away the city. because my capital was so strong in culture at that time, ethiopians didn´t even settle and got whiped out by the zulutribes quite soon.
first thing I researched was buddhism to have early culture, then i buildt the great lighthouse, settled north to original startlocation where marble and stone and copper is, buildt the pyramids and then the great library both in my capital. i buildt an axeman now and then to fight the impi coming from the south.
then i was a bit lucky to get a great artist in time, so i got the 5000 cp i needed.

by the time i won, i had only 2 cities and a handfull of axemen.

I can't tell you who's the easiest, but I've just finished one of the fastest
UHV's possible. Playing on Viceroy as the French I completed the first two
conditions easily. Only the last wonder, Eiffel Tower to go.
I got Radio before 1760 and completed the E.T. in 1778. My UHV came in 1781.
That's only 6 turns after the minimum date.
The normalized score was nearly 6000pts.
I know it was on easy level, but has anybody done it quicker?:)

Babylon and Egypt were pretty easy on Viceroy. Just get Music for the free GA and you have 5K culture.

Has anyone been able to achieve an historical victory on Monarch level for the Ethiopians? You must found a new religion and can't complete Theology before Christianity is founded, so that means you must research Divine Right before the Arabians appear to found Islam. That implies a lot of research and also creating a Great Prophet to acquire the 1000+ research points toward D.R. Even doing all that and maximizing every detail I can think of the best I have done is get within 6 turns before the Arabians establish Islam. Any effective strategies? Any better place than Moyale for the second city?

How specifically does the Turkish victory condition work, specifically the second one?

I have every tile in Mesopotamia, but how does it measure whether or not you "control" the Balkans and Black Sea? I'm pretty sure I'm going to miss it because the Germans founded some city named Zara just south of Vienna, and I'm not going to be able to take it because they are too far advanced of me (just got rifles, I'm still with janissaries). However, I definitely control most of the Balkans with my culture, if not just two or three tiles that are a little removed in the northwest of the region. Otherwise, though, it was easy for the Turks.

What counts are just cities. You need to have x cities in the area and more than any other (read: the "home") civilization. For Mesopotamia it is three cities as far as I know, for the Balkans I am not sure, for the Black Sea you need to have three cities as well (Istanbul does not count) and thus need to have one on the "north coast".

For more detail, go to the RFC forum (Civ IV > Creation and Customization > Modpacks > Rhyes and Fall of Civ) and on one of the stickied threads is an atlas as well as a link to the Wiki where you can read the exact details!

m

Top Bottom