[BNW] Autocratic pedro

Karmah

Emperor
Supporter
I m a fan of cultural victory. So I tried pedro using autocratic 'cult of personality' for a change. It was a large small continent plus on immortal or deity. The game was quite sometime ago so I can't exactly remember every small detail.
This came out of different observation:
Pedro is pretty late game
Autocratic tourism boost stacks ! meaning if you can get n common ennemy , u get n*50% tourism boost.

It was the most machievalian game I ever did. a bit lucky tough. I was a bit isolated a first and managed to snatch pyramid and stonehenge (things you can't do wth a neighbour) so those gave me 2 more wonders at mid renaissance using the great engineers. I remember sistine chapel.But that s not the point.

The point was that during the whole game , I was mainly going for gold in order to inverst into hate. The civs were either warmongers (among which I remember a very active shaka who s been my dog of war for the whole game) or people who do not forgive backstabbing. So I bribed everyone to go to war with everyone , sometime investing colossal gpt to get friends at war. While I was the only one behaving strictly ethical , thus shielding myself from war. I was 'ok ' with everyone.

So late game , the world was a massive ball of hate. I built a large army and launched a massive bribewave , getting everyone at war with at least 4 others and I jumped in (cleverly, siding with high cultured AIs vs some other high cultured I could kill). The tourism explosion was massive ..+200% from cult of personnality only , I had never seen that. International games went on and I won shortly after.

So autocratic cultural victory for a change ?

I am play with pedro in my current game. The configs of game are:

Map Pangea large
10 Civs
22 City-stats
Prince
Disable start bias
Quick

I will try the cultural victory. The game is on turn 110 (900 A.D).

I've read a lot about autocratic culture victory here on civfanatics but have yet to give it a go. I think they key, as you say, is the stacking of Cult of Personality.

Kind of fun that you can still get this bonus if you're also at war with that guy. In fact, thats probably the best way to go: get everyone fighting everyone, and DoW everyone, then hunker down in defence.

I was actually thinking about Autocratic Pedro the other day. What also might be a strategy is to delay all the guilds until the Industrial era (you can get a good amount of culture from the Brazilwood camps, so you don't need Guilds for that), then take Futurism and start popping GWAMs like mad for 250 tourism each, hopefully also doubled/tripled/quadrupled by the Carnival, Cult of Personality and World Games. Haven't tried it yet though.

Keep in mind that Brazil has a jungle start bias, so it usually doesn't have a lot of hammers to build guilds and wonders for the theming bonuses in the early stages of the game (in the late stages you just run a couple of hammer trade routes to your capital).

Top Bottom