iron? yes we got lots of that

andreafin

Prince
sorry if this has been asked before but iron causes me too many search targets to find what might be the answer. i installed steam, then got civ 5 retail box. then installed and when i put the code in a huge 2.8gb update including mongols dlc which started at 17.21 and finished 22.42 same day luckily. i dont remember what version this is...which makes this question prolly even worse.
i became allies with a city state helsinki and they eventually began mining iron and gave it to me letting me upgrade my warrior to swordsman then longswordsman. i also upgraded war elephant to knight and archers to crossbows...but i am getting this annoying icon 'you are using more iron than you have' and something about the units. i just met hiawatha and i set up a trade for iron with him for horses...and i see an icon saying 5 iron above left. the game said i have 7 iron using 2. why am i seeing this annoying icon? how can i turn it off?

Huh? Is it some kind of beginner tips or something?

It's a minor bug. As soon as you upgrade your unit taking your last piece of iron the game begins to tell this message, even if you have plenish of them a bit later. Just don't bother with that, take care of the upper number in the menu bar and you will be fine. Not sure if it happens for horses too.

It's a minor bug. As soon as you upgrade your unit taking your last piece of iron the game begins to tell this message, even if you have plenish of them a bit later. Just don't bother with that, take care of the upper number in the menu bar and you will be fine. Not sure if it happens for horses too.

It can happen with any unit that requires strategic resources. It's a programming glitch: when you upgrade a unit, it is implemented as
  1. create a new upgraded unit.
  2. copy over all the promotions from the old unit to the new unit.
  3. delete the old unit.
During the middle of the process, you temporarily have two units using the same resource, which is where the warning message comes from.

Top Bottom