What is your favourite UI to conquer?

darkpigraph

Chieftain
Civs with a unique tile improvement have an additional pressure to defend their lands because unlike UB's, those can fall into enemy hands and provide huge bonuses to an opponent. What is your favourite UI to wrest from an opponent 's control?

After a recent experience, my vote goes to France 's Chateau. My reasonig being that it is a gold-generating tile, so a puppet WILL work it, generating decent amounts of culture in the process. Admittedly this will be reduced by the culture penalty to puppet cities, but it,s still a considerable contribution to your SP acquisition and border growth (not to mention tourism output once hotels come online).
Another aspect of this, for me, is that France is a likely candidate for rival for CV as well as quite expansionist, making him a very obvious target for war if he's done well and conquered so.ewhat himself.

I'm a culture junkie which explains why i prefer it above, say terrace farms or polders which are amazing UI's but provide food where you might not necessarily want it uness you intend to annex.

I should also add that i dont own polynesis dlc so dont know how maoi compare.

Inca's Terrace Farms are also a treat, but they might end up weighing heavily on your happiness. Captured Incan cities are best taken over, not puppeted.

Polders hands down, so versatile. Gotta love 'em :king:

UI are so much fun to use, but there's something extra cool about seeing Arabian Polder or Celtic Terrace Farm

I find polders really nice but very hard to take over. The Dutch AI rarely builds them or settles anywhere they could, and is not great at going out of its way to set up situations to build them. This means that I'm rarely conquering more than a handful.

Brazilwood camps on the other hand, I tend to find en masse as the AI likes trading posts. Adding culture to the already good jungle trading post is a big win. I really like playing as the Aztecs too, so Brazil is often nearby and easy to grab. Further, Brazil doesn't tend to have a lot of military power.

Chateaux are a nice second.

I'd completely forgotten about Brazilwood camps which are probably better at everything i like about chateaus. But Pedro generally is quite a nice guy in my games whom i like to stay friendly with.

With maoi's, do you still get the +1 culture for every adjacent maoi if you captured them?

I think so, but not the defensive bonus since it's part of the polynesian UA.

The most useless UI to conquer: the Feitoria :)

polders but in my games, the dutch only build 1 or 2 of these because, cmon, who the hell sees marshes everywhere?

Top Bottom