Buying your blue jeans

redninja

Chieftain
When another civilization says 'we're buying your blue jeans and listening to your pop music' AKA when you get 100% influence, can you lose this influence in terms of the victory condition? Or is it permanent once you obtain it? Thanks.

I don't know, but theoretically, if culture is a defense to tourism, if their culture blows up and your toursim declines (someone takes your great works), I think you can go from influential back to popular. That would make sense, but I don't know if it's true. The reason why I think this is true because, on the tourism screen, on the far right, there's either a green arrow that says rising, or rising slowly, or a red arrow pointing down that says "falling" I think.

According to MadDjinn once you get influential you'll always be influential with them.

In my experience, no, it's not permanent; you can lose it. I was influential with Venice and Portugal and the Culture Victory progress said I had 2 out of 3 civs at influential status. However, Portugal must have used a Great Writer's Political Treatise and their Culture got a significant boost. I no longer had Influential status with them and the progress screen said I was only influential with 1 out of 3 civs.

Apparently, though, if you reach dominant level (200%), it can't fall anymore. So there is a reason to try to reach that even if it is not absolutely needed for the Cultural Victory.

anyone know what other leaders say to you when they've influenced you? ive never seen it. "you are buying our blue jeans"?! :lol:

I wish when that popup happens the said leader should be shown wearing your blue jeans and listening to pop music through walkman or whatever XD

Did anyone else get that message occasionally way back in the early Industrial Era? Apparently sometimes a civ is so weak in culture that you'll get influential with them with 30 tourism...

Pretty sure it's possible: if one were to faith-but a few writers and bulb them, or win a world's fair, or dig up some Hidden Sites and get the culture boost, you can kick someone's tourism back a bit.

It's possible; there were several turns in my most recently completed game where I was influencial but falling with one of the civs. But since I needed to increase tourism anyway to get the last few civs it stoped falling before it fell below 100%

Top Bottom