Legendary Heroism

Jawz II

Oh Dear
post your stories of units who have pulled of unbelivable victories (like tank vs spearman) where the spearman is your units

last night i saw something slightly unbelivable, i foolishly got into a war with the celts(40 citys +) i didnt check how many cities they had before hand
i had 20

i took enourmos casaulties in speramen and pikemen, they hit me with at least 30-40 celtic swordsmen + catapults mid. infantry spearmen archers etc

they approach my city and run past it using the gaps in my border,between low culture cities to get deep behind my defensive lines and kill a whole bunch of my reinforcments to that city

i counter attack the swordsmen with my own mid infantry, i had maybe 10-12 of them

most of them redline and run away :mad:

AIs turn he decides to hit my reinforcements again, 1 trebuche and 1 pikeman, both on grassland and in diffrent tiles!

they took and destroyed the trebuche, but that single veteran pikeman killed 3 fully healthy veteran gaelic swordsmen, went redline, and spawned a Great Leader!

i thought now he is screwed, but then he killed another full hp gaelic swordsman, 4 or 5 of those redlined gaelic swordsmen and 1 full hp spearman that the AI desperately threw at him!!

thats what? 8 units?
sure half of those 8 were redline but so was he! and those naked sword dudes wouldve ran away, healed and came back for another attack!

i used the great leader to build my 2nd mid. infantry army(already had 1 of those), i usually save my 2nd GL for building the forbidden palace, but i was in deep doo doo and needed my 2nd army

then used my 2 armies to attackthe celts were they had fortified spearmen and catapults across the river and kept shooting my citys walls to bits, captured their catapults, and retreated my army safely the turn after that, and made peace with the celts (thank god)

Top Bottom