Alexander?

psweetman1590

Emperor
Hey guys. I've been out of the RTW loop for a long while. My comp wasn't very good, so I stopped playing it.

Now I've got a good one, and want to start again. I've been looking around, and I see mention of an expansion pack in addition to BI (at least, this is what it appears to be). Is it any good? Worth buying? I don't have BI, so is that included in it? I want answers, rebukes, facts, opinion, the whole bit, and the kitchen sink, please. :D

I've got it, and it ain't that good. Wouldn't bother myself. And no, it doesn't come with BI.

It has gotten negative reviews. Apparently there are only 4 factions, and if you die the campaign ends.

I recomend skipping this one.

Well, is BI worth buying then?

I thought about picking up Alexander, but always avoided it in the end. It looks interesting, and is relatively cheap, but I always have put the box back down before buying it.

But, if you are the hoarding type, just buy it for the sake of it being a RTW game :D

To add to my previous post - the historical battles are pretty good, though very hard. That's the good part of the pack.

Also, it's worth mentioning that there are plenty of mods that use the BI expansion features, but none AFAIK that use anything from Alexander. IMHO it is worth getting BI, but I wouldn't bother with Alexander, despite my particular leanings towards games that involve him.

BI is in my opinion a vast improvement to RTW. I think it's the best TW game on the market so far. Even better than MTW2, (which I'm playing now).

I played Alexander just to see if it got any better as the game progresses. It doesn't. It's just one great big slogging. Extremly repetetive and just gets more and more boring, boring, boooooring.

To add to my previous post - the historical battles are pretty good, though very hard. That's the good part of the pack.

Also, it's worth mentioning that there are plenty of mods that use the BI expansion features, but none AFAIK that use anything from Alexander. IMHO it is worth getting BI, but I wouldn't bother with Alexander, despite my particular leanings towards games that involve him.

There's a really good Middle Earth mod that requires the Alexander expansion.

Alright, thanks guys. Seems you all pretty much agree, and that's the best endorsement a game can have. :goodjob:

i liked the alexander expansion, its only like 10 bucks too so y not just go for it??

u get a barbarian fraction, macidonia, inda, and persia
the barbarians are a bit on the weak side, and the indians too.
but the indians get a realy great general unit, the elephant general.
but thay only get one melle unit, some indian spear millita, but tons of ranged units..

the persians get some realy good units. i realy love the imortals, as thay are realy good troops*still not good for atacking a phalinxs head on* and dubble as archers!

Top Bottom