City State Diplomacy Mod (Updated)

Gazebo
hate to be the bearer of bad news but I am having hard crash at about the same place in 2 different games since this is the only mod i am running . must be something here ? what file do you need to help in figuring this out as its not civV without this mod
Thanks

gazebo
re previous post the problem is with the guttenburg press Natl wonder
since i had two games crash at about the same place
I changed the preq tech for it to future tech and can now continue the game
don't know exactly what the problem is but this is where it would appear to be
anyone else having this crash ?

gazebo

Sorry to hear that. I haven't had a single crash on my end using v32– that doesn't invalidate your crashes of course, but it does make me curious as to what would be causing them. Have you tried clearing your cache (delete all files in cache folder in Documents/My Games/Civ 5/)– that might help clear up any problems. Also, validate your civ 5 files in steam (right click civ 5 in steam library, click properties, navigate to files tab and click 'verify local files').

I'll run some tests using the latest version and see if anything pops up. Also, let me know if any of these solutions help.
Edit: Also, are you using Gods and Kings or vanilla Civ5? Did you modify the options.sql file at all?
G

gazebo

Was the break occuring around 1570? I experienced one hard crash at 1570, but that's it so far (not sure it was mod-related). I've reuploaded v32 again just to be sure- nothing has changed, so it will not break save games.

Sorry to hear that. I haven't had a single crash on my end using v32– that doesn't invalidate your crashes of course, but it does make me curious as to what would be causing them. Have you tried clearing your cache (delete all files in cache folder in Documents/My Games/Civ 5/)– that might help clear up any problems. Also, validate your civ 5 files in steam (right click civ 5 in steam library, click properties, navigate to files tab and click 'verify local files').

I'll run some tests using the latest version and see if anything pops up. Also, let me know if any of these solutions help.
Edit: Also, are you using Gods and Kings or vanilla Civ5? Did you modify the options.sql file at all?
G

yes i clear my cache each time I add or delete a mod dont if you have looked at that file since G&Ks wow there is a lot more going on there now !
have not validated my files because I have made several minor XML changes
making it so the insanely overpowered eldorado & FOY dont ever appear in a game for one
but they are minor and should have no effect on windows executables which is what happened spec (an unhandled win 32 exception in civexe.2484)
I am using G&K and made no changes to options SQL

Was the break occuring around 1570? I experienced one hard crash at 1570, but that's it so far (not sure it was mod-related). I've reuploaded v32 again just to be sure- nothing has changed, so it will not break save games

both crashes( 2 different games) happened about 1300 which is what made me think about the guttenberg natl wonder an ai must have been trying to build it because
when i set it to be unavailable the game worked fine

yes i clear my cache each time I add or delete a mod dont if you have looked at that file since G&Ks wow there is a lot more going on there now !
have not validated my files because I have made several minor XML changes
making it so the insanely overpowered eldorado & FOY dont ever appear in a game for one
but they are minor and should have no effect on windows executables which is what happened spec (an unhandled win 32 exception in civexe.2484)
I am using G&K and made no changes to options SQL

Was the break occuring around 1570? I experienced one hard crash at 1570, but that's it so far (not sure it was mod-related). I've reuploaded v32 again just to be sure- nothing has changed, so it will not break save games

both crashes( 2 different games) happened about 1300 which is what made me think about the guttenberg natl wonder an ai must have been trying to build it because
when i set it to be unavailable the game worked fine

I failed to add a minor civ override for the gutenberg press. I believe that was the cause of the crash. The version I re-uploaded has the minor civ override included. Do me a favor- start up the savegame you were playing when it crashed ~1300 using the new v32 and let me know if the crash occurs in the same place. If not, problem solved. If so...I've got some work to do.
Thanks!
G

I reloaded the new V.32 at the point the game was crashing & this did fix the problem :D
does this mean a CS might have been trying to build the gutenberg press :confused:

I reloaded the new V.32 at the point the game was crashing & this did fix the problem :D
does this mean a CS might have been trying to build the gutenberg press :confused:

Yep. Tried to build it (which spawns one free diplo unit), but CSs are forbidden from having diplo units, so that made the game unhappy. It is the little things...

Glad it worked- have fun!

Argh, I updated in Civ before reading this and now my save won't load. Any way I can go back to v32?

Hmm, now Civ V crashes when I load the save. It worked last night, as far as getting into the game and giving an order or two. I didn't save and now Civ crashes when loading the v32 saved game (before getting to the leader-info loading screen). Nothing else has changed either.

Edit: Never mind, removing the cache directory fixed it.

Hmm, now Civ V crashes when I load the save. It worked last night, as far as getting into the game and giving an order or two. I didn't save and now Civ crashes when loading the v32 saved game (before getting to the leader-info loading screen). Nothing else has changed either.

Edit: Never mind, removing the cache directory fixed it.

Thought it might. That is the cure-all for mod-related problems (most of the time, at least). Have fun.
G

Just an FYI, there is a bug when using both CSD and CiVUP. The diplomatic units are not available in game. They are not listed as an option to build in the city screen. The tech tree also doesn't show which techs enable the different diplomatic units. CSD unique buildings are still available, however. When playing with just CSD loaded, all is well. Seems like the problem started after both mods went through an update. I was able to use both mods prior to the latest updates.

Just an FYI, there is a bug when using both CSD and CiVUP. The diplomatic units are not available in game. They are not listed as an option to build in the city screen. The tech tree also doesn't show which techs enable the different diplomatic units. CSD unique buildings are still available, however. When playing with just CSD loaded, all is well. Seems like the problem started after both mods went through an update. I was able to use both mods prior to the latest updates.

Just clear your cache and set CivUP compatibility in the options.sql file for CSD. Not a bug in CSD, just a common cache-related issue with mods and the civ5 SQL databases.

Top Bottom