Language translations for leader sayings

Thanks very much PAo_ReVoLT. I'm not a native Thai speaker but I'm trying to learn. Thai is a tricky language for someone whose mother tongue is English, that's for sure.

That passage was *way* too quick for me. Haha...

I wonder about the translation of Request. Does that sound right to you?

Thanks very much PAo_ReVoLT. I'm not a native Thai speaker but I'm trying to learn. Thai is a tricky language for someone whose mother tongue is English, that's for sure.

That passage was *way* too quick for me. Haha...

I wonder about the translation of Request. Does that sound right to you?

oh i missed that one

from

Request: Hello. I/we believe that this is an offer that is suitable for both parties. What do you think about it? (สวัสดีเราเชื่อว่านี่เบ็นข้อเสนอที่จะทำสำหรับทั้นส องฝ่ายท่านคิดว่าอย่างไร)

it should be

Request: Hello. I/we believe that this is a fair offer (deal) for both parties. What do you think about it? (สวัสดีเราเชื่อว่านี่เป็นข้อเสนอที่ยุติธรรมสำหรับ ทั้งสองฝ่ายท่านคิดว่าอย่างไร)

:goodjob:

Addendum for Bismarck:
Trade request: "It would be in your interest to carefully consider this proposal" ("Es wäre in Eurem Interesse, dass Ihr dieses Angebot sorgfältig prüft!").

Woops, missed that Azalnubizar posted it already, didn't see it in the first post. Sorry.

Yes, I was still working on that one :)
But I think your "to carefully consider this proposal" a better translation than my "to analyze this offer thoroughly" - corrected it in my original post

Thanks for the addenda and corrections all.

That's quite a beautiful Thai transcription, boehj, thanks! :)

No problem. :goodjob:

Oda Nobunaga

Attacked : You helpless fool, (I will) knock out you! 情けない愚か者め、今から叩きのめしてやるぞ!
DeclareWar : I hereby notice (you) our intention of removing your [high-status] great civilization from the world. 貴殿の偉大なる文明国を此の世から拭い去る我らが意向をご通事申しあげまする。
Defeated : (You) were much wiser than I estimated. 余が認めた以上に遥かに賢明でござった。
HateHearIt01 : Let me listen. 聞かせて頂こう。
HateHearIt02 : Go on. 先に進め。
HateHearIt03 : Proceed. 進めよ。
HateHello: Oh, It's you [low-status] おお、そちか。
HateNo01 : Maybe another time. 何れまたの機会で。
HateNo02 : Excuse me, but (I) beg your pardon? 失礼だか、もう一度聞かせねがいのか?
HateYes01 : (I) agree. 賛同致します。(This is politer than NeutralYes02 :))
HateYes02 : Ah, (that's) good. ああ、良かろう。
HateYes03 : (There's) no other way. いたしかたあるまい。
Intro : (I) salute (武勇の誉れ高き) you and (I) really hope fair and just partnership (with you). 武勇の誉れ高き貴殿にご挨拶申し上げたく。更に公正かつ公平なる連係を心よりお願い申し上げまする。
NeutralHearIt01 : Go on. 先に進め。
NeutralHearIt02 : Proceed. 進めよ。
NeutralHearIt03 : I'm listening. ちゃんと聞いておる。
NeutralHello : Hi. おう。
NeutralNo01 : Sorry. すまぬ。
NeutralNo02 : Maybe another time. 何れまたの機会にでも。(a little politer than HateNo01)
NeutralYes01 : (that's) good. ああ、良かろう。
NeutralYes02 : Agreed. 承知いたした。
NeutralYes03 : Very Good. 上出来だ。
Peaceful : It was honor to fight you. 戦いもうして光栄でござる。
Request : (I would) very much appriciate if you agree on following proposal. 以下の件についてご賛同頂ければ誠に有り難く存じあけます。

I couldn't hear some parts, I'm not a native.
I'm not a English speaker too, so I think there will be some errors or not-so-good translations.

added sentences in german to my initial post...

I couldn't hear some parts, I'm not a native.

Well, I am a native german, but even I couldn't figure out some parts of what Bismark is talking about... :)

I guess it's that the voice actors lack clarity sometimes. Some of them have different sound quality: Elizabeth is noticeably "recorded-sounding," compared to the more direct, clear and crisp Clintonian of Washington. :|

Thanks for your transcriptions + translation moyang! :)

Hey moyang, I noticed a similar thing in the Thai stuff. At least one of the Hate phrases is more polite than the corresponding Neutral one! I'll definitely keep this in mind when I'm playing against Siam in the future...

I noticed Wu didn't have a Peace message, so today I played a game against her where I annihilated most of her defenses, then offered her a peace deal. The animation skipped out, and there was no sound. Why? Because she was supposed to be saying "Wu_Peaceful" then, a sound file that doesn't exist!

Test it out if you don't believe me! (How do I attach a saved game?)

I noticed Wu didn't have a Peace message, so today I played a game against her where I annihilated most of her defenses, then offered her a peace deal. The animation skipped out, and there was no sound. Why? Because she was supposed to be saying "Wu_Peaceful" then, a sound file that doesn't exist!

Test it out if you don't believe me! (How do I attach a saved game?)

I can't believe they "forgot" some texts :lol:

a savegame is attached as follows.
Go into the reply-dialog (not the quick-reply).
There u find an icon above the text that looks like a paper-clip right next to the icon with the smiley. If you click the paper-clip another dialog will open where u can search/upload files. After searching/uploading u close the dialog and post your reply.
hope that helped

And the rest of Haroun Al-Rashid

Hate Hear it 01: What's this?!
Hate Hear it 02: Continue your speech [Continue]
Hate Hello: Oh its you
Hate No 01: Your request is unacceptable
Hate No 02: You cannot be serious about this request
Hate Yes 01: Very Well
Hate Yes 02: If I must
Neutral Hear It 01: What's This?
Neutral Hear It 02: What were you saying?
Neutral Hello: Peace be upon you (Assalam Alaikum is the standard Arab/Muslim greeting)

Neutral No 01: No
Neutral No 02: Of course not
Neutral Yes 01: Ok
Neutral Yes 02: Excellent
Peaceful: We thank you for your generous terms, we will not forget the favor you show us.
Request: Come forth, lets do business

Thanks GenericPlayer and Azalnubizar, updated parent post, and will upload saved game when I find which one it is.

Another thing I noticed earlier, which I pondered a bit--is that not all AI have Demand speeches, which is why "Demands" in this game are masked as friendly requests ("Unfortunately things are not going so well over here..."). I miss having demands thrown at me by aggressive AI, as in Civ 4. I really, really hope they fix this missing sound file/missing gameplay because we don't have sound files for it. But I doubt they will. Firaxis recalling all the voice actors because they slipped up doesn't seem feasible at this point. :|

EDIT: Saved game file attached. Offer Wu peace, and watch as she freezes on her Hostile leaderhead pose, before suddenly (and silently) reverting to her neutral pose. If it was any other leader, you'd see the Peaceful message play out, and the corresponding animations. Not so with Wu, who is missing her animations (sad).

I will write down the missing Augustus lines and see what I can do.

By the way, the first request should be
"Hoc offero, ab te considerandum"
= I offer this, to be considered by you"

I'm quite sure.
Also, there is no roman accent (there isn't such thing as *one* italian accent, there are more less 20, but none sounds like him). It is more less like he's reading a text

When Darius says "FENESH-SHWALIA" and does the clentched fist thing, what does that mean?

I disable that Civ because I'm so sick of hearing "FENESH-SHWALIA" everytime I talk to him.

Here's the one for Wu Zetian with characters:

Attacked: Hmph, I will slaughter all of you. (闯祸!我要把你们开膛破肚!)
DeclareWar: You won’t ever be able to bother me again. Go meet Yama (King of Hell, in other words, “Go to hell!”). (你们再也不能冒犯我了。 见阎王去吧。)
Declared: You have proven to be a cunning and competent adversary. I congratulate you on your victory.(你已经证明了你是一个狡猾稱職 的对手。我为你的胜利祝贺。)
HateHearIt01: And what else?(还有呢?)
HateHearIt02: Keep talking.(继续说。)
Hello: Oh? It’s you.(哦。是你呀?)
HateNo01: I cannot accept that. (不能接受。)
HateNo02: Sorry. Say that again? (对不起, 你再说一边。)
HateNo03: Get out of my face! (走开!)
HateYes01: I suppose I must accept. (我想我必须同意。)
HateYes02: Ah. Very good. (啊, 非常好。)
HateYes03: Ah. Very good. (啊, 非常好。)
Intro: Greetings, I am Empress Wu Zetian. China desires peace and development. You leave us alone, we’ll leave you alone. (你好,我是女皇帝武则天。中国追求和平以谋求自身发展。人不犯我,我不犯人。)
NeutralHearIt01: Continue. (继续。)
NeutralHearIt02: What? (什么?)
NeutralHearIt03: Keep going. (往下说。)
NeutralHello: How are you today? (今天怎么样?)
NeutralNo01: Nope! (不行。)
NeutralNo02: Of course not. (当然不行。)
NeutralNo03: Definitely not. (肯定不行。)
NeutralYes01: Of course. (当然。)
NeutralYes02: I agree. (我同意。)
NeutralYes03: Excellent! (好极了!)
Request: My friend, do you think you can accept this request? (我的朋友, 你认为这个要求能接受吗?)

Hi everyone; I just wanted to add two things to Bismarck's sayings:

Peaceful: I'm pretty sure the unintelligible word is "unentschieden" (a draw), so what he is saying is
Was haltet ihr von einem... Unentschieden? (What do you think of a draw/Let's call it a draw)

Neutral Let's Hear It 01: I can't quite make this one out either; apparently he says "Was habt Ihr gesangt?", just that "gesangt" isn't a word. It sounds like he started to say "gesandt" (sent), then corrected himself to say "gesagt" (said) - which would make more sense in the context. So I assume the line should read:
Was habt ihr gesagt? (What did you say?)

This is one amazing thread. You have no idea how annoying it was to me to hear one thing, and read something completely different - it was like watching a movie with some lame home-made amateur subtitles - yuck!

Nicely done, thank you! :goodjob:

So then, where can you edit the text in the game to read the correct translation?

It'd be nice if someone modded in the correct translations. I think the game developers used the generic text to reflect similar circumstances for declaring war (i.e. they want your land, etc). My opinion? They should have just had the voice actors do more work, and recorded additional lines, with added translations.

Thanks qyll and Beechwell, you are now in the parent post with your additions noted and names in the Hall of Translation Fame. :)

Top Bottom