Dune Wars 1.9.4 Patch Feedback

I've also gone through and addressed a number of oddities I've noted in religious foundlings/spreading religions.

First of all I found the cause of a bug that sometimes prevented religions from giving their free missionary units upon founding. It was basically occurring when you weren't the first civ to research the tech for the religion, but the other civ(s) were disallowed from founding that religion. In such cases, the religion founding was being handled in a completely different part of the code than usual that also had a few smaller impacts on how it was founded, but this was the primary issue it caused.

I've also added a check that prevents Imperial from being removed from the Imperial Holy City (a particularly annoying behavior that existed before), and a similar check allowing wildfire religious spread to go to holy cities, but doesn't remove the holy city religion in the process.

Finally, I also made a slight modification to the code picking Holy City sites. For the most part the logic for this works well enough. The vanilla code favors larger cities (based on population), avoids the capital like the plague, and strongly favors cities with no religion in them.

Even one religion in a city pretty much eliminated it regardless of it's size if you had just one city with no religions. This was too much weight I feel. I've modified it to still devalue cities based on the number of religions, but it's a much more balanced look at size and number of religions.

edit:
Also wanted to ask, I know there's been discussion before over the player's ability to avoid switching to Zensufism as the Tleilaxu to avoid the diplo hit. It's also easy to 'forget' to switch to it when starting a Tleilaxu game and only realize it some time into the game. I can set it up so that upon founding Zensufism (do I have the name right? :lol:) the switch is automatic(no anarchy), and disallow switching out of it. I'm in support of doing this, you shouldn't be able to weasel out of it, the religion is too central to the civ, and it really is easy to forget to make the switch.

All of these sound like good fixes.

I can set it up so that upon founding Zensufism (do I have the name right? ) the switch is automatic(no anarchy)
Sounds fine to me.

edit:
Also wanted to ask, I know there's been discussion before over the player's ability to avoid switching to Zensufism as the Tleilaxu to avoid the diplo hit. It's also easy to 'forget' to switch to it when starting a Tleilaxu game and only realize it some time into the game. I can set it up so that upon founding Zensufism (do I have the name right? :lol:) the switch is automatic(no anarchy), and disallow switching out of it. I'm in support of doing this, you shouldn't be able to weasel out of it, the religion is too central to the civ, and it really is easy to forget to make the switch.

Like this one as I've also forgot to change more then once myself.

Top Bottom