New Civs - Confirmed Details

I can't put my finger on it, but for some reason I am really looking forward to playing the Huns. :)

Still hold this opinion.

But it doesn't matter if that specific picture is Dido or Theodora, as both Dido and Theodora are in the game. Both have been mentioned in several previews. One preview even talks about Carthage under Dido fighting Byzantium under Theodora.

Yeah, not only is Dido confirmed, the picture looks nothing like Byzantine art, fashion, or architecture. It fits perfectly in the Greco-Punic hybrid that was Carthaginian, though.

But it doesn't matter if that specific picture is Dido or Theodora, as both Dido and Theodora are in the game. Both have been mentioned in several previews. One preview even talks about Carthage under Dido fighting Byzantium under Theodora.

Where's the preview about Theodora? I sincerely hope they didn't pick her. Female leaders are nice, but none of the Byzantine ones did much at all.

Where's the preview about Theodora? I sincerely hope they didn't pick her. Female leaders are nice, but none of the Byzantine ones did much at all.

Theodora didn't do much? Not true at all, just look at what she was able to do (because we all know who was in control between her and Justinian). A powerful leader by all means. We have leaders in game who didn't even rule their respective civilization/lead but were very important (i.e. Bismarck).

I'm pretty sure the Theodora they have in the game won't be Justinian's wife, but this Theodora: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodora_(11th_century)

Hopefully I'm wrong. Though if they are representing Justinian's wife, it'd be strange not to have Justinian in the leader screen too. Theodora (Justinian's wife) was the power behind the throne, not the power on it.

Well, updated with all that is known to date.
Any more word on UUs, UBs, UAs..
Actually, anything?

I know there was another one as well but:

http://www.desktopreview.com/defaul...+v+5+gods+and+kings+expansion+pack+2k+gdc&p=2

"While we were playing, we saw that Queen Theodora was secretly plotting against Dido, the queen of Carthage."

Well, updated with all that is known to date.
Any more word on UUs, UBs, UAs..
Actually, anything?

Prague and Zanzibar as city-states.
Pictish Warrior gets faith from kills.
Mount Sinai new natural wonder that gives faith.

Also, the OP could add some info on civ's colors. Some people may find it interesting.

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Huns...why? :(
They had no culture, no cities, no recorded language, no music
I rather than use Goths instead of them, at least they were more civilized.
What is Attila going to speak? Mongolian? Turkic language? Hungarian?
I'll never play as them since they stole a spot from many worthier civs.

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Huns...why? :(
They had no culture, no cities, no recorded language, no music
I rather than use Goths instead of them, at least they were more civilized.
What is Attila going to speak? Mongolian? Turkic language? Hungarian?
I'll never play as them since they stole a spot from many worthier civs.

:rolleyes:

(sigh)

I think it's nice that they're including Huns. I think people are overreacting a little bit. so what that they included Huns? I have never seen Poland included and I never complain about it... :mischief:

Be happy that we get 9 civs instead of 2 and buy the rest with DLC like everybody probably expected.

I for one am glad Huns are in, a nice unique civ that has never been included.

Can we say that Attila's Court is the confirmed capital of the Huns? It's next to Hippo Regius in that screenie, which is definitely Carthaginian.

EDIT: There's also a unique improvement in the Dutch lands that's almost definitely a Polder. It's at least confirmed that they have a UI.

EDIT 2: Civ colors

Dutch: Orange and white
Carthage: Grey and purple
Celt: Green and light blue

Maya: Yellow and green
Byzantium: Light blue and purple

Where is the Polder?
As to the Huns capitol, that has a lot of speculation, so, no, not calling it confirmed yet.

Top Bottom