combat predictor accuracy range

I was NC

Chieftain
Figured I'd ask a question while trying to figure out the latest Steam-induced inability to play the game (if you're reading this, thanks again).

Does anyone know the possible range of actual damage relative to the prediction? For example, it says my unit will cause 55 out of 100. How off from these numbers could it be?

The reason for asking is because of sometimes having the opportunity to choose from several units. Continuing the example, say I have two bombers and a sub available to attack a battleship. The predictor says each bomber would do 55 damage, meaning they should be able to take it out, leaving my sub to do something else.

But what if their combined attack leaves 1HP? Then I'd have to choose between using the sub or risk letting it get away. Instead I could use one bomber and a sub, but then would miss out on the sub one-shot killing another unit.

The specifics of the example are not important, hopefully the idea is clear. Any thoughts are welcome.

It shows the most likely outcome, the peak of the probability curve. The shape of the curve depends on the stats of the units involved.

Spoiler :

Wow, thank you! This is very impressive. However since my advanced degree is on the verbal side of academia, unfortunately I don't quite understand it. My shortcoming though, no doubt this is the answer.

Top Bottom