Losing My Religion

Brinocalf

Chieftain
I set up a Deity game with G&K. Siam was my civilization, and I was shooting for a cultural victory. I wasn't playing over my head. My previous effort on this level ended six turns before my victory. Anyway, the Arabs were also in my game and also going for a cultural victory. Like me, they only had two cities. Here's what I don't get. When I played previously, my science was lagging (not a surprise for two cities. ) But the Arabs weren't. They were building high end wonders and was the tech leader. My question is how the heck did this happen? They killed me religiously speaking as well. Heck, they converted my home city to Islam twice!! What gives?

Well there are two ways of achieving a high science output. The first step is the same for both whether you go tall or wide. First and foremost it is important to beeline the National College ASAP to ensure you can get on some what of a level footing with the AI on higher difficulty level. If you are playing culturally you still don't want to write off using Research Agreements- again necessary to keep up with the AI. Also your beaker per turn is dependent on the population in cities with libraries, then public school. So if you are just playing culturally then make sure you do get a really high pop in both your cities to make up for the lack of your number of cities.
Next, the AI is a <insert insult here> and loves Great Prophet nuking your holy city. You can foil them by buying an Inquisitor and placing him inside your cities. Also, the AI gets serious advantages like free starting techs etc. to improve their game at higher difficulties. On deity I think they start with all the four opener techs.

Top Bottom