Optimal City razing?

If it's a just captured town, wait until it's done raging?
Sell all buildings?

If you don't plan on keeping the city, just trash it as quick as possible. The faster it's gone the faster it stops being a hindrance on your happiness. Sell buildings as you raze, there "could" be a rare situation where you might not have enough time to sell everything. (I think Atila is the only one I can sometimes pull that off) However to be honest, it's usually not worth it.

If I don't have the spare happiness to annex+raze, don't puppet-wait-annex+raze work better?

Hmm, just razed a captured city using building selling strategy and to settle a new town in a better location. The hill the old city was on claims it gives 4 production.

If I build a mine on it it drops to 3, I doubt anyone is going to build/raze towns to get buffed tiles, but it still seems odd.

If you annex then raze, does your social policy cost go up? And is it lowerd afterwards when the city is gone again?

If you capture an select raze, the game auto annex the city.

So there is no way to raze a puppet.

Sell buildings? How does this work? I'm at war with a city-spammer and I'm planning on razing at least two of his cities.

Sell buildings? How does this work? I'm at war with a city-spammer and I'm planning on razing at least two of his cities.

Open the city view and click on a building in the building list and it gives you a popup telling you that you get say 30 gold and 1 less gold turn maintenance if you remove the shrine or whatever building you clicked on in the list.

You can remove one building pr. turn pr. city.

Open the city view and click on a building in the building list and it gives you a popup telling you that you get say 30 gold and 1 less gold turn maintenance if you remove the shrine or whatever building you clicked on in the list.

You can remove one building pr. turn pr. city.

Thanks. It always surprises me how long you can play this game and still learn new stuff.

Thanks. It always surprises me how long you can play this game and still learn new stuff.

What you don't know can't hurt you. I knew, but keep forgetting to blow the buildings up when I raze. Resulting in repeated attempts to improve my gameplay by applying my face to my keyboard.

If you don't erase them, the city just poofs and no cash is given.

If I don't have the spare happiness to annex+raze, don't puppet-wait-annex+raze work better?

Hmm, just razed a captured city using building selling strategy and to settle a new town in a better location. The hill the old city was on claims it gives 4 production.

If I build a mine on it it drops to 3, I doubt anyone is going to build/raze towns to get buffed tiles, but it still seems odd.

I wonder if it really gave four or if it was the bug I sometimes get where yield icons get overlapped somehow. Sometimes I also see yield icons just disappear.

I wonder if it really gave four or if it was the bug I sometimes get where yield icons get overlapped somehow. Sometimes I also see yield icons just disappear.

It's four with yield icons, in the city view and on mouse over.

The hill next to it with a mine shows as 3.

If you annex then raze, does your social policy cost go up? And is it lowerd afterwards when the city is gone again?
Any time you conquer/create a new city, your happiness cost for Golden Ages increases (even if you raze/puppet/annex).

If you puppet a city, your social policy cost does not go up.

If you immediately choose raze when you take a city, then your social policy cost does not go up. If you click "Stop City Razing" then the social policy cost *will* go up (as if it was a normally annexed city).

If you puppet a city, the only way to raze it is to annex it (increasing your social cost) and then raze it.

Once you annex a city, your social policy increases. If you later raze the city, this does *not* reset the social policy cost (which reflects the increased amount). However, the next annexation/settling of a city will not increase the cost further (at which point it will be the correct amount). I do not know whether the cost will be reset/recalculated after your next social policy.

What you don't know can't hurt you. I knew, but keep forgetting to blow the buildings up when I raze. Resulting in repeated attempts to improve my gameplay by applying my face to my keyboard.

If you don't erase them, the city just poofs and no cash is given.

I think it should automatically sell off the buildings. There's no reason to force you to do this needless micromanagement.

Top Bottom