CvEventInterface

Moos

Chieftain
Hello,
It was my understanding that this file were to be located inside ffh/assets/python/entrypoints
However I can't find it there, infact I can't find it anywhere in ffh2030.
So is this file not supposed to be there anymore?
And since I have gotten python errors where it's referenced, which file is the error from, basic beyond the sword?

Any light on this situation would be helpful.

are you sure you mean CvEventInterface.py and not CvRandomEventInterface.py (which is found in theC:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 030\Assets\python\entrypoints) or CvEventManager.py (which is just in the C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 030\Assets\python folder)?

CvEventInterface.py exists neither in FfH nor in normal BtS.

Since the eventmanager is CvEventManager.py . There is no need to define CvEventInterface.py . It is located in the vanilla folder . Can you post the error ?

Tcho !

Here we go with a brand new spiffy error code.
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "CvEventInterface", line 23, in onEvent
 File "CvEventManager", line 194, in handleEvent
 File "CvEventmanager", line 414, in onBeginGameTurn
 File "CustomFunctions", line 126, in doMapTurn
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function onEvent failed, module CvEventInterface

Should note I use Shureshot's MultiMod and it happens in conjunction with the infernals.
And I did change the CIV4UnitInfos.xml to give Hyborem a small (5%) chance to spawn a Mane when victorious.

Here we go with a brand new spiffy error code.
Code:
 File "CustomFunctions", line 126, in doMapTurn
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function onEvent failed, module CvEventInterface

Should note I use Shureshot's MultiMod and it happens in conjunction with the infernals.
And I did change the CIV4UnitInfos.xml to give Hyborem a small (5%) chance to spawn a Mane when victorious.

The error occurs in CustomFunctions line 126 . I don't know if she has changed this function .you should check if this file is moded with her multimod . Howerver Hyborem should not be the cause of the bug .

if the file is not changed the line is "pPlot.changePlotCounter(100)" . Taken a look at the sdk i see no reason this bug would not have been noticed .

You should ask SureShot to take a look at this bug , perhaps with the save game .

Tcho !

Sounds like a Thaw, or Hell effect (Plot counter reference). So it could be the automated setting of Hyborem's terrain to Hell terrain. Or if it is still early in the game and you used End of Winter option could be something thawing and encountering an error.

Yes, tied to hell terrain it might be.
Those times I've gotten Hyborem summoned I've noticed the plot he's summoned on or the plot Dis is founded on haven't turned into hell.
Of course AG were in the low 20's..but that shouldn't matter.

I wonder if it has something to do with the statement pPlot.changePlotCounter(100). It seems like that increases the plot counter by 100 instead of setting it to 100. I believe that the counter is only defined for values between 0 and 100, so increasing it by 100 might make the value be larger than the game can handle.

I wonder if it has something to do with the statement pPlot.changePlotCounter(100). It seems like that increases the plot counter by 100 instead of setting it to 100. I believe that the counter is only defined for values between 0 and 100, so increasing it by 100 might make the value be larger than the game can handle.

No , that doesn't matter . Here the code of the function :

Code:
void CvPlot::changePlotCounter(int iChange)
{
    int iNewValue = m_iPlotCounter + iChange;
    if (iNewValue < 0)
    {
        iNewValue = 0;
    }
    if (iNewValue > 100)
    {
        iNewValue = 100;
    }
    m_iPlotCounter = iNewValue;
    if (m_iPlotCounter < GC.getTerrainInfo((TerrainTypes)getTerrainType()).getPlotCounterDown())
    {
        setTerrainType((TerrainTypes)GC.getTerrainInfo((TerrainTypes)getTerrainType()).getTerrainDown(), true,true);
    }
    if (m_iPlotCounter > GC.getTerrainInfo((TerrainTypes)getTerrainType()).getPlotCounterUp())
    {
        setTerrainType((TerrainTypes)GC.getTerrainInfo((TerrainTypes)getTerrainType()).getTerrainUp(), true,true);
    }
    if (getFeatureType() != NO_FEATURE)
    {
        if (!GC.getFeatureInfo(getFeatureType()).isTerrain(getTerrainType()))
        {
            setFeatureType(NO_FEATURE);
        }
    }
}

the value is limited to 100 even if change the plot with 1000 .

Yes, tied to hell terrain it might be.
Those times I've gotten Hyborem summoned I've noticed the plot he's summoned on or the plot Dis is founded on haven't turned into hell.
Of course AG were in the low 20's..but that shouldn't matter.

If you have the bug , the terrain change does not occur obviously . Line(125,126) in DoMapTurn : if the plot is owned by the infernals change the plot counter to 100 ... and you get the bug !?

Tcho !

Not sure if you meant it as a statement or a question but,
When infernal pact is completed before you get the option to switch the error pops up. And then it pops up every turn that you play as the infernals.
All 1-5 turns you get to play before it CtD.

Not sure if you meant it as a statement or a question but,
When infernal pact is completed before you get the option to switch the error pops up. And then it pops up every turn that you play as the infernals.
All 1-5 turns you get to play before it CtD.

Sorry , can't help you more . Perhaps if you post the save and ask Sureshot to take a look at it . But i've taken a look at the Multimod changes and see nothing that can cause the bug . The bug should occurs even if you don't play Hyborem (?) . Perhaps try to remove the two terrain related xml files in the module folder of multimod and check if the error comes from that ... then put them back .

Tcho !

Top Bottom