Lyrics for Baba Yetu (For those who want to sing/read along)

Anyone know how I can ditch the bloody thing and have Slayers "South of Heaven" play instead?

We exported all our worthy religious types to America about 250 years ago!

yeah that's easy, simply turn your speakers off or the in game sound down and put a cd on, et voila. Otherwise you'd have to alter the wav file involved and I'm not sure that's such a good idea. Slayer huh? bit light weight but dig your choice:p ;)

Angel of Deaaaaath, March to the kingdom of the damned!!!

See it's not quite CIV is it?

Krikkitone said:
I agree they need to get rid of those nasty tribal languages in the game, (all those Roman soldier speaking the language of the Latin tribes, and the fact that all the game materials, at least in my copy, ar printed in some bizzare degraded hodgepodge of that and the language of some northern Germanic tribes)

Side Note: Swahili is Not a tribal language it extends across much of Africa. Tribal Languages, pretty much by definition are spoken by One tribe, I seriously doubt there's any one on these forums that knows a truly Tribal Language.

Hahaha, owned. <3 Krikkitone

GIDS888 said:
Anyone know how I can ditch the bloody thing and have Slayers "South of Heaven" play instead?

We exported all our worthy religious types to America about 250 years ago!

Without going into the files that specify what .mp3 to play when (assuming it's even possible), one easy way would be to name a copy of your Slayer tune to the same name as the Baba Yetu mp3 and copy it to that location.

Yeah, I recently changed the song for a mod. It's really easy. Just go into C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\Sounds\Soundtrack, rename your song of choice as OpeningMenu, and replace the mp3. However, I'd suggest saving the old mp3 just in case :).

I have to say I'm disapointed that they chose a Christian song even if it's in a foreign language. :rolleyes:

Isn't Civ supposed to be universal?

:( :confused:

random ninja smiley--> :ninja:

it's not taking away from my enjoyment but something universal would suit civ better no?

Graadiapolistan said:
I have to say I'm disapointed that they chose a Christian song even if it's in a foreign language. :rolleyes:

:( :confused:

random ninja smiley--> :ninja:

To make it truly "universal" it couldn't be in any language, couldn't use any particular instruments (except maybe human vocal chords), and couldn't have any traces of musical influence from any culture past or present.

Graadiapolistan said:

They know they already have strategy gamers and former Civ players in hand to buy the game. But if they're aiming to make this what's called a "breakout" title with a broader public and greater sales, then they need "handles" that will appeal to the larger public. For better or worse, I suspect Civ4's developers perceived that broader public in the US as favoring family values, which translates these days into Judeo-Christianity, and quotes from the bible. Result: a game that can be recommended and discussed by people who get offended as RPGs with elves and demons because they're "Satanic." :rolleyes:

It is, as Mel Brooks memorably said in Spaceballs, with his thick accent, all about "Moichandicing!"

Krikkitone said:
To make it truly "universal" it couldn't be in any language, couldn't use any particular instruments (except maybe human vocal chords), ...

Yeah, the Civ5 song in Mongolian throat singing! :p

It sounds like some song that the ''Cirque du Soleil'' would do .... do we know in the credits who wrote this song and who performs it !?

Mmmmk....At first I really liked the song on Civ 4...I would sit in my room and just kinda listen to it and chill before goign into a game...

where as Yes Civ is supposed to be universal, it dosent mean the SONG has to be universal... it's main representation in Civ is more the feeling of hope and happiness that you get (whereas I'm stating this from a christian POV, I also have many friends who are of different religons, and they agree with me...

Though I was throughly impressed when I actully read the words because in an instaint it made sense why it was so uplifting when I listened to it...

But at the same time, I will agree with Glinka...chances are thats why they put this as the main song. Though I don't think too many people except hXc civvers are goign to be too worried about what the lyrics mean ;)

Top Bottom