Baba Yetu

Khaim

Prince
So I've been listening to the music (this music) and I like it. But I have to wonder, what exactly am I listening to? My untrained ear can barely tell me, "sounds like the Lion King". I couldn't even tell you what language it is, much less what in the world they're saying. Anyone know the answer to either question?

They're saying "Buy Civ, Buy Civ, Buy Civ, *worship satan!* Buy Civ, Buy Civ, Buy Civ, *god is bad, satan is good!* Buy Civ, Buy Civ, *by Satan we mean EA*

Greek Plunder said:
They're saying "Buy Civ, Buy Civ, Buy Civ, *worship satan!* Buy Civ, Buy Civ, Buy Civ, *god is bad, satan is good!* Buy Civ, Buy Civ, *by Satan we mean EA*

Haha, that would be awesome if that is what they were really saying!

That song is kind of neat, is it related to Civ 4 somehow?

CHORUS
Our Father, who art
in Heaven. Amen!
Our Father,
Hallowed be thy name.
(x2)

Give us this day our daily bread,
Forgive us of
our trespasses
As we forgive others
Who tresspass against us
Lead us not into temptation, but
deiver us from Evil, and you are forever and ever!

CHORUS

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven. (Amen)

CHORUS

Give us this day our daily bread,
Forgive us of
our trespasses
As we forgive others
Who tresspass against us
Lead us not into temptation, but
deiver us from Evil, and you walk the dead

Our Father, who art...
Hallowed be thy name.

Goombaz said:
Haha, that would be awesome if that is what they were really saying!

That song is kind of neat, is it related to Civ 4 somehow?

Erm, it's the Civ 4 theme music (menu music) I think.

Maybe its religious because of the new religion idea?
But then they should have music for each religion.

It's Swahili, some of the best Swahili music are prayers.

Atleast the ones I've sung. Everytime an African choral selection is chosen it seems to be Swahili and it is Religious, so, I'm assuming it's widely used.

(I'm in a Choir)

Greek Plunder said:
Erm, it's the Civ 4 theme music (menu music) I think.

Really? That's not a bad thing at all, but it is kind of a surprise!

Does this game have music this elaborate all the way through?! Because that could be kind of cool actually!

RabidMonkeyMan said:
Swahililine

it translates to " [And our] Father Adam"

Is that what us ignorant Americans call Swahili?

Google agrees with you, Jason.

most people wont know what any of the foreing music is so they could technically have it say whatever they want, ever see that commercial with the family getting in the car and the music pops on "i want to F---- you in the A--" and they start jammin out to it? its pretty funny, but it just shows that most people just jam out to whatever has a good beat, like this song

I'm not, and that's the rough translation, alot of the times the english translations are simplified, and sometimes words are backwords or out of place.

remember it's a different language, so trying to sing those words in english wouldn't make sense at all to the beat.

but for example, Amina = Amen.

If this is The Lord's prayer in Swahili, it sounds alot better than the english version.
:goodjob:

Englander said:
If this is The Lord's prayer in Swahili, it sounds alot better than the english version.
:goodjob:

In all fairness it sounds like it's dressed up a bit :D

Well actually, if this is the lord's prayer, then that's not what it is, since the words past "Baba yetu" are different.

I think. I'm an American, and we're not known for being able to understand other cultures. Although I must say that this is certainly prettier than American "music".

Top Bottom