American Revolution Mod for Colonization

Umm, in a sense Colonization IS the American Revolution ... so, why would you want that?

I'd suggest you can play it as historically as you want to :)

If you mean a mod with the actual settlements as they are in RL, you could do that, but Colonization is about trading, not about war, in the end; Civ4 is a much better game to actually play out the revolutionary war in.

I'd suggest you can play it as historically as you want to :)

If you mean a mod with the actual settlements as they are in RL, you could do that, but Colonization is about trading, not about war, in the end; Civ4 is a much better game to actually play out the revolutionary war in.

true. but i would still enjoy playing it as an actual colony. And besides, its not just about trade, its about revolution. the only way to win the game (that i know of) is to revolt. Right?

Yes, but that is really not Col's strength... :)

Which is pretty sad, really, when you think about it.

I wonder if a 'Commonwealth' option would be possible to code in somehow... like if you get your sentiment up to 50 percent but the King is on GOOD terms with you? (No war, not as high of a score, perhaps?)

But I can see an American revolution mod as a 'fixed map' starting thing. It would more be a scenario than anything else.

I'm working on something similar to this right now- it's a map/scenario that begins in 1763 right after the end of the French-Indian War on the Western Hemisphere map. Anything you would like to see included in such a scenario?

I'm working on something similar to this right now- it's a map/scenario that begins in 1763 right after the end of the French-Indian War on the Western Hemisphere map. Anything you would like to see included in such a scenario?

The traitorous rebelous Americans hung, and the colonies brought under the control of the one and only King of England. ;)

Umm, in a sense Colonization IS the American Revolution ... so, why would you want that?

I think what he's trying to say is have a scenario where you start with the actual Americas, with the actual 13 colonies, around 1776 or so, and simply play the Revolution aspect in greater detail. No real economic playing save for military and focus on battles/fights.

Dale- I'm guessing you want to play as the British, eh? LOL

If so, we can just throw tea at them ;P

But, I think Californio might have a good idea(even tho I know hes joking.) There could be an English foothold on 1 city at the start, and regular units coming in or something.

If so, we can just throw tea at them ;P

But, I think Californio might have a good idea(even tho I know hes joking.) There could be an English foothold on 1 city at the start, and regular units coming in or something.
exactly. i just want one like the one from civ4. apparently someone's working on a scenario like this but idk when it'll be released.

Top Bottom