Odysseus

pencilgod

Chieftain
LH with shaders and lighting, the cunning Odysseus. The file also contains a bearded version of the LH. This is another leader based on a character/quasi-historical figure from the Iliad, for a future mod I am planning. Feel free to use him as a base or substitute for other leader's if you don't like Odysseus as long as you give credit ;).

Odysseus was a legendary Greek king of Ithaca and the hero of Homer's epic poem, The Odyssey. Odysseus also plays a key role in Homer's Iliad and other works in the Epic Cycle.

King of Ithaca, husband of Penelope, father of Telemachus, and son of Laërtes and Anticlea, Odysseus is renowned for his guile and resourcefulness, and is hence known by the epithet Odysseus the Cunning. He is most famous for the ten eventful years he took to return home after the ten-year Trojan War and his famous Trojan horse trick.

Download: Odysseus

On a semi-related note, my Hector and Agamemnon LH's have also been updated with shaders and lighting, check out their threads.

Attachments

• odysseus.jpg
    odysseus.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 689
I'm thinking Oconostota.

This goes without saying, but it is an awesome LH! Again, since I don't really do mythological/fantasy leaders in my mod (you know, other than the ones that already come with the game... and Dido I suppose) I won't have any use for it as Odysseus, but I'll certainly try to work it in as someone else if anything comes up. Good work as usual, every LH you make really makes me want to come back to making LHs as soon as I can. Which makes me work harder on my mod. ;)

So good work. :goodjob:

EDIT: Maybe Hasdrubal Barca?

To Madman: Definitely Oconostota! I know since I've been working with him lately to make Barbarossa. The face is not recognizable at all, but you can still see the shape of the face.
To Capo: I really tried to find ideas for his LHs too. Do you think any of his LHs could be used as a Sumerian leader?

To Madman: Definitely Oconostota! I know since I've been working with him lately to make Barbarossa. The face is not recognizable at all, but you can still see the shape of the face.
To Capo: I really tried to find ideas for his LHs too. Do you think any of his LHs could be used as a Sumerian leader?

Well this one probably could, but I'd change the hair, add a beard and remove the sleeves. It all depends on whether you just want to use the LH by itself or if you want to alter it. This could probably be altered into a bunch of LHs really. I'd have to take a look at it, and right now I'm still working on my mod so I can't say for sure, but there is always a lot of potential. As far as just using him the way he is? I don't know, maybe a Phoenician or Carthaginian or something.

Playing it with nifscope I've noticed that you shuffled anims among them (i.e I load a kf named "greeting" and nifscope plays a "negative" anim instead, etc...)
Is there a reason for that?

Btw it's another great LH you made.
I'll use it as aeetes or decebalus replacement. Also I'll replace agamemnon and viriato with your aga and hector respectively.
Spoiler :

If you wish to help me to improve the remaining ancient LHs in the picture above, send me a PM and I'll explain you what exactly I need, but this isn't a request. If you don't, I'll sit here waiting your next masterpiece :D
:goodjob:

Playing it with nifscope I've noticed that you shuffled anims among them (i.e I load a kf named "greeting" and nifscope plays a "negative" anim instead, etc...)
Is there a reason for that?

There are actually two reasons I shuffled a few of the animations. I changed the greeting because I thought that the 'negative' anim looked quite cerebral and pensive, the way he grabs his head. I liked that better than the quite happy regular 'greeting' animation. I also changed the 'cautious' animation to the 'pleased' one, because the cautious animation looks really insecure, which I think is unfitting for Odysseus. Lastly, I removed the 'affirmative' animation because of a small issue with the hands and sleeves.

If you wish to help me to improve the remaining ancient LHs in the picture above, send me a PM and I'll explain you what exactly I need, but this isn't a request. If you don't, I'll sit here waiting your next masterpiece

I have already accepted a request to help IgorS with a new Vercingetorix, that's probably what I'm going to work on next (after a few university exams ;) ).

These last LH's I made are actually meant for an Iliad mod I plan on making, based on Homer's epic poem. TAM was a big inspiration for this and I will probably use parts of the tech tree. So maybe some kind of cooperation is possible that will benefit both mods.

I have already accepted a request to help IgorS with a new Vercingetorix, that's probably what I'm going to work on next (after a few university exams ;) ).

These last LH's I made are actually meant for an Iliad mod I plan on making, based on Homer's epic poem. TAM was a big inspiration for this and I will probably use parts of the tech tree. So maybe some kind of cooperation is possible that will benefit both mods.

Did you finish up Salamasina or Kamehameha yet?

Did you finish up Salamasina or Kamehameha yet?

No, I haven't finished working on Salamasina yet. It's quite a complicated skinning job because of the way the texture is mapped and I feel I will get a sub-optimal result, especially without shaders, so I'm kind of putting it off. Only have to do the arms now though, so maybe I will find some time for it the coming two weeks. I have some university exams though so Civ4 work will probably be low.

I'm not really planning on doing Kamehameha anytime soon to be honest, just because I don't really like him as a leader. Time is limited and I'd rather work on things I enjoy more.

That's cool, if you want I could try to take a look at the arms for you if you are busy with other things. I didn't want to keep you hampered down, I just figured it'd be an easier/quicker job than it turned out to be. If you want to send me what you have so far I could give you a reprieve from the job. ;)

Top Bottom