I Simply Cannot Grow a Wide Empire

Like I said my build order for my capital is: Scout->Monument->Pyramid(omitted, oops)-> Atlatlist-> Settler-> Settler-> Settler-> Settler-> Settler-> etc.

I keep building settlers till I'm DoW'd on by someone. That 14 would have been a lot higher had I had more hills near my capital and Hiawatha hadn't gotten uppity.

As for my other cities they build: Pyramid->Monument->Colosseum->Library-> Market-> Temple. Pyramid always goes first as Mayans.

In turn, at least on Emperor, I usually found the 1st or 2nd religion with the Messenger of the Gods pantheon and pick up Ceremonial Burial and Pagodas. The more cities I build the faster I can build Pagodas which makes my faith per turn that much higher. Eventually It gets to the point of being able to buy a new Pagoda every 3-4 turns and I build settlers every 4-5 turns so all I have to do is preemptively build a road to the next location and its all set to go. If I need troops I just sell luxes and strategics and rushbuy Composite Archers. As for culture... yeah it gets shot.

My policy path typically follows Liberty-> Right Side of Commerce->Order

Also build Machhu Pichu no matter the cost. Use a GE and rush build it somewhere. You'll thank me later :D

Do you rushbuy all your workers? Do you take the free worker first?!? Don't you build any workers?
I doubt that's a good idea.

India is worst civ to go wide ingame )

imo raising lvl to emperor will give you nore ralistic training :)

Do you rushbuy all your workers? Do you take the free worker first?!? Don't you build any workers?
I doubt that's a good idea.

I go for the Settler first in Liberty then Worker. I rush buy 1 Worker and dedicate my first two to building roads. If the opportunity presents itself I capture another worker from barbarians but prefer to avoid DoWing CS.

Policy Path: Liberty-> Collective Rule-> Meritocracy-> Lib Finisher(GE)-> Right side of Commerce

I go for the Settler first in Liberty then Worker. I rush buy 1 Worker and dedicate my first two to building roads. If the opportunity presents itself I capture another worker from barbarians but prefer to avoid DoWing CS.

Policy Path: Liberty-> Collective Rule-> Meritocracy-> Lib Finisher(GE)-> Right side of Commerce

Scout>Scout>Monument>Worker>worker>Settler
A Better Choice.....
As for SP...
Tradition opener> Liberty Opener> Free Worker> the one which givess way to free settler> free settler> happiness one > ........Diety
If ur luckky to get a nearby City state u find before turn 5, u can plant ur warrior near the border and enslave a worker....ull get ur 1st worker before turn 10 without any production in the capital...this will be a huge boost....

Just from looking at the start position I would have settled on the plains hill south of the river. A bit of extra production at the beginning to speed things up, enough room to build a city next to the sea, access to water mill and defensive bonus if you get attacked.

India is worst civ to go wide ingame )

This is like the worst assumption in any game ever.

Spoiler :

This guy did it with very few happiness wonders... actually, I don't think he even built ND or FP/Taj Mahal.

well i agree if there time and option to grow all cities past 6 pop.. its odd that in mp he grown so big.. players just allowed him to do this .. but i am sure there were period when he suffered some infrastructure hit and growth denial because of UA, or got cities later, after he got alot of excess happiness. I would not try wide India in deity ... Ive won conquest victory with Babylon on deity with SV disabled and been rushed by 2 civs at ancient, conquered rest of cities and annexed them. Would not try same with India.

who needs culture when going wide...??

I Think with all Your Tips i have at-least learned to make a decent wide empire...now i am going to try this using another Civ....Maybe India., my home Civ....so tht i can be sure that it was not arabia the reason which helped me REx in This 1.....
:goodjob:

India is the absolute worst wide empire civ you can possible choose. They're ability is completely contrary to the idea of going wide.

Personal favourites for Wide,

America - Good warmonger traits for aggresive expanding - +1 scout range makes America the best at fog busting
China - Paper Maker is wonderful
France - Culture generation
Russia - Warmonger resource horder, Krepost encourages border growth
Byzantine - Benefits from strong religion for super bonus' and strong early cavalry
Neatherlands - Luxury grab for lots of happiness, another great Commerce civ

India is the absolute worst wide empire civ you can possible choose. They're ability is completely contrary to the idea of going wide.

Personal favourites for Wide,

America - Good warmonger traits for aggresive expanding - +1 scout range makes America the best at fog busting
China - Paper Maker is wonderful
France - Culture generation
Russia - Warmonger resource horder, Krepost encourages border growth
Byzantine - Benefits from strong religion for super bonus' and strong early cavalry
Neatherlands - Luxury grab for lots of happiness, another great Commerce civ

:mad: We are not Worst...India can grow a Wide empire, under certain Conditions...and if we ever grow wide, all our cities wud be of 12+ pop if enough food available......and if ur on the other end, u are gonna die.....
Ill Start a Game Too Prove My Statement....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here IS The Game...I Could have easily created like 5 more cities (I had 25 happiness extra (thts without any trade), would have became 31 with pagodas), and i had already dispatched 3 settlers, and 1 more was in production, when the 2nd Indo-Japanese War Started, And how the Heck Did He Get Muskets when the world had pikes (he had muskets since 800AD)......
When he declared i had 5 elephants and 2 composite bowmen and 3 spearman (no iron for swordies) near tht city....and next 3 turns it became 1 elephant and 1 composite bowmen.......tht was because of the samurai, muskets and the japan's UA, it was unlucky to start next to Japan, thought i could block him, but he already build Osaka, before i built my 2nd city...!

Lets have a look at Kyoto , Oh...the TGL, and looks like he has already produced couple of GS's.... so this is how he got muskets and i retired,.....

End game, i retired, i have already proven what i wanted to... India aint bad for Wide empires.....and this was on King,

Damn those Japanese, i had already won the first war, Elephants Rock, so does Samurais....
NB: there were only Gems (on a 1 tile island 2 tiles away from Mumbai), Gold (like hell) and Silk (near Vijayanagar ) on my Claimable continent, East of Japan There was Salt,...but i thought friendly relations with japan wud give me the needed salt....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some Statistics....

(Sorry for extra white space)

This Numbers Prove that India rocks in Really Really Wide Empires........ the extra unhapiness remains only a problem in early Game.....it was put in the game because if not present, India could grow like hell, even have 100 cities without any Happiness Hit.......
It also Proves That India is The Only Civ That can build Wider+Taller Empires....AI doesnt do so because of Gandhi's personality (Checkout Here)of not growing much, Use random Personalities and ull retire if u start besides Gandhi.....

your small
the extra unhapiness remains only a problem in early Game..........
on Prince level
grows into big big disadvantage of clumsy attempt to grow wide on Immortal/Deity

Its not hard to win Science victory with Mongols or Huns on Prince level, but if you ask me , i'd prefer to have Babylon or Korea for such task on deity.
same here, and noone telling real life India cant go wide, we are talking about CiV GnK mechanics only, and while, in long term, India would benefit from being hi pop wide on late game, the benefit is very little - because at that level normally, happiness is no more an issua in GnK, even on Deity levels (later ages), in one of my last games with Ethiopia i had 3 lux and 5 cities only but had +60 excess happiness.... I even didnt built stadiums..... and i had only 1 maritime CS ally.....
That "early game start penalty" is actually critical in MP and hi lvl.... I would prefer Maya or arabia or Carthage to go wide, and later happiness hit will afftect my overall game in much lesser amount than early game penalty of doing same with India.

:mad: We are not Worst...India can grow a Wide empire, under certain Conditions...and if we ever grow wide, all our cities wud be of 12+ pop if enough food available......and if ur on the other end, u are gonna die.....
Ill Start a Game Too Prove My Statement....
uskets and the japan's UA, it was unlucky to start next to Japan, thought i could block him, but he already build Osaka, before i built my 2nd city...!

You actually wrote a whole essay about India and your proof is a screenshot of an empire with THREE cities on turn 118?
This is hilarious. You have to be joking :lol:

The whole point of this thread is getting something like 10 - 15 cities before turn 100. xD

Also....

You actually wrote a whole essay about India and your proof is a screenshot of an empire with THREE cities on turn 118?

The whole point of this thread is getting something like 10 - 15 cities before turn 100. xD

this! :D

wide does not means big distance between cities ( :D )
wide means much cities as possible and having them planted earlier as possible

Mass murder of settlers first by Barbarians and then by Japanese.....
the 3 wud have been 8 if not for them....!! and the question is not Early Rapid Expansion, but its rather growing a wide empire....!, if i wud have survived, i could easily have had 8-10 cities...!

I'm laughing a little at the whole Ghandi playing wide "proof", I get it, there's just so many restrictions on building multiple large cities as Ghandi...

Well there's the 3 cities at turn 118.

There's the fact that you need so much extra :c5happy: early when it's arguably the toughest to grow wide in the truer sense of the word...

Your graphs are also conveniently not showing the happiness difference from City pop 1-7 which is where most of your cities are going to sit till you can get Theaters anyways...

Anyways... Basics of ReXing CiV. You can see most of it in Maddjin Deity Rome LP, it's Vanilla, but the basic principles are "mostly" the same.

Liberty opener.
Cities at 3 or 4 distance max from one another, early on you focus mostly on getting new luxuries, once you've got 3-4 base happy per city you can just start spamming left over empty space like mads.

Sources of :c5happy: to get that quick 3-4

-Liberty traderoutes
-Honor Garrisons or Wall
-Religion (there's a few easy ones and Spreading religion with tight small cities is super easy)

Get a combination of those. Late game you can pick up Order or Autocracy depending on how you wish to finish the game.

Ok u ppl win, i lose... Gandhi is crap for wide...accepted peacefully....now can u ppl be back on topic and comment on my previous arab game...,
I need to know, if i should have build another city west of copenhagen to screw babylon....

Top Bottom