What map is likely to have little to no tundra or desert?

I've been generating map after map with bad starts or so much tundra or desert, that I'm extremely annoyed by it. Is there ever a way to generate a map not likely to have so much infertile land?

I've been generating map after map with bad starts or so much tundra or desert, that I'm extremely annoyed by it. Is there ever a way to generate a map not likely to have so much infertile land?

if u find 1 anyday please pm me...even i need such a map.... :sad:

Just start playing through it. The 'bad starts' should give you a bigger challenge; you might find you have yourself a great match

It occured to me as well.
Playing on Emporer, I never have a "good" or decent start.
I Always start in the middle of the desert, or in the jungle, with no Marble, No Gold, no Silver.

That's no bad luck.... that's conspiracy!

Messing around with the SDK, I don't see any map script that particularly places less "desert and tundra". You can go something like cool/wet and get alot less desert, or the desert there has alot of flood plain, but it has alot of tundra.

I'm not going to argue how I play and tell you how to better use tundra/desert. I'll tell you download the free SDK from Steam and make your own map so you can play how you want to. Maybe random generate one first and when it's close to what you want, accept and edit out all the deserts, all the tundra, start yourself with extra wheat/cow/citrus/salt resource, whatever.

Isn't the real issue that he is playing a civ with a bias that makes him end up in those locations?

Desert is one of the best starter towns with Petra and even on immortal you can usually get Petra build.

I don't know what the "issue is". I don't do it. I'm guessing he wants a map where he can make 30 size 35 cities.

Isn't the real issue that he is playing a civ with a bias that makes him end up in those locations?

Desert is one of the best starter towns with Petra and even on immortal you can usually get Petra build.

I would have thought this also. I rerolled a lot of times with korea because I like their unique traits, but then I realised I didn't like the start bias to fit my game.

Desert starts are no longer "bad." In fact, desert starts with hills, an oasis or two, and desert resources can be extremely powerful with desert folklore and Petra.

The great plains plus or the great plains maps don't usaully have desert nor tundra and the aboreal are just forest. Just look for maps that have a based start in area like the ones above.

Change the amount of precipitation in the game. The "wetter" you make it, the less deserts you will have, but the more jungles and forests you will.

Disable start bias or don't pick a leader that has a moronic start bias. See: Celts. For example, Washington is almost always guaranteed a river start. I will say though, that I tend to get the best starts when playing the Incas. Empirical probability and all...

I don't know which DLCs you have, but real life maps such as British Isles and Japanese Mainland shouldn't have much Tundra/Desert.

Also, as somebody already mentoned, Great Plains map shouldn't have any Tundra. Although it might have a little Desert in the southwest.

What civs are you picking? That's the crucial bit. Some civs are biased towards starting in a desert.

Desert starts are freaking amazing with Desert folklore and Petra, I had some of my best capitals on desert. Tundra sucks, though.

If you use the world builder you can quickly generate every map and see what the whole thing looks like without having to play the whole thing.

Top Bottom