Reseeding Maps

swimmer86

Chieftain
How many people constantly reseed their maps? I realized the crux of my problem last night when I proceeded to quit and restart a game around ten times. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips or motivational quotes to get me to stop doings this lol.

Any personal anecdotes of coming to dominate from a horrid start position? My main if I start in a horrible position is that I am destined to lose right away, so I might as well save the time until I get a position where I could win (if that makes sense)

Just play with your start.

Getting less stuff at the beginning tends to mean you'll have more strategic resources later, and often what looks bad is really not that bad if you explore a bit further.

Watch Maddjinn's games on youtube where he starts in "horrible" locations and still prevails just fine.

Learning to work with the "bad" starts will make you a much better player IMHO.

I was planning a tall Cultural VC and I got a production-poor start. Plenty of gold though (and the world's supply of sugar), so I used that to build buildings while my capital worked on wonders. Just use your strengths to overcome your weaknesses. I didn't get to use Polders that other time as the Dutch and I still managed to make my capital pretty large and productive (with the sheer amount of gold available to me).

The way I figure it is I have enough inferiority complexes irl in order to bother with them in games. I was born with a gold spoon in my sugar-filled mouth, cotton gloves in my silverringed hands, ferrets on a pearl leash on a cool flood plain with a marble pedestal under my feet, and I feel like I'm *entitled* to it, so, I guess it sucks to be you, Mr Single Crab "I-play-for-the-challenge" Tundra Start. [pimp]:dance::trophy:

You are not the only one. I especially hate it when the AI populates the continent I'M on with 2 other AI's and an unfair share of CSs. While I'm moshing with a larger share of the world's populous, the others are leisurely expanding on the other side of the world. *Restart

You are not the only one. I especially hate it when the AI populates the continent I'M on with 2 other AI's and an unfair share of CSs. While I'm moshing with a larger share of the world's populous, the others are leisurely expanding on the other side of the world.

That's the worst. And also being on the other side of the equation, guaranteeing an easy, boring game. Isolated starts are cool, but should have less resources or land to make up for it, as they seem to be nothing but good in the games I play.

Here's a tip. Try a shuffle game with a random civ and random size if your pc can handle it. You'll find yourself in all kinds of irregular situations which can be alot of fun.

Two rather simple options are essentially limiting the "reseed" urges, AFAIC;
1- Start Bias -OFF. (This randomizes the map just enough to create rational conditions for any Civ.)
2- Strategic Balance for resources. (A good ratio of worker potentials.)

Top Bottom