Fast building of Wonders

Serg

Engineer
Earlier in Civ2 to rush the Wonder's building was allowed by Caravans. The caravan's maintainance was added to the builded Wonder.
Now Great Wonders can be "rushed" to completion only under the direction of a Great Leader. This follow to deceleration of building wonders. May be the unit disbandment in city to give a chance to expedite the wonders building?

Caravans are out and so they replaced that ability with great leaders rush building them. Firaxis did this to keep the same balance of capabilities that they had in Civ 2, while adding additional features with Civ 3. With that in mind, I am sure you will still be able to disband units in a city to help with resource production and you will also still be able to buy wonders with cash. They may have another way for trade to affect the building of wonders too. Ultimately, only Firaxis knows for now and we have to wait and see.

Originally posted by goodyhut
Caravans are out and so they replaced that ability with great leaders rush building them. Firaxis did this to keep the same balance of capabilities that they had in Civ 2, while adding additional features with Civ 3. With that in mind, I am sure you will still be able to disband units in a city to help with resource production and you will also still be able to buy wonders with cash. They may have another way for trade to affect the building of wonders too. Ultimately, only Firaxis knows for now and we have to wait and see.

:crazyeyes

Actually, I think that you will not be able to rush anything with money, only with a Great leader...And they should be able to rush what ever you like them to rush... (Maybe all in one turn even :D )

When it comes to disbanding units to rush your construction I don’t know what to think… This has always been a way to boost your production before… But on the other hand it might unbalance the game somewhat… :confused:

Any one else having a thought on this???

Top Bottom