How do you clear the cache?

%appdata%\my games\civilization 4\cache. Delete all the files. civilization 4 might be diffrent depending on where you installed the game. Also you need to have show hidden files/folders on.

Thanks for replying, but the directory you've listed is not on my computer. And yes, I do have show hidden files/folders on.

My civ4 installation is at:
F:/Civilization 4

My "other" civ folder (with saved game and custom stuff) is at:
C:/Documents and Settings/*My name*/My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4

Where is %appdata% ?

%appdata% leads to c:/Documents and Settings/*My name*/Application Data/

snarko said:
%appdata% leads to c:/Documents and Settings/*My name*/Application Data/
hmm...I dunno, I don't have that. It might be a difference between US and Euro Windows. I'm using XP Pro.

MeteorPunch said:
hmm...I dunno, I don't have that. It might be a difference between US and Euro Windows. I'm using XP Pro.
I'm running US Windows, and I have it. A lot of programs use that folder, so you almost certainly have it.

@MeteorPunch: You should have the directory snarko referred to. Have you checked under "My Documents -> My Games" etc.?

You may also need to turn OFF "hide system files" or whatever that option is...

Nevermind...found it. I was looking for %appdata% with a search but it was titled, "Application Data." I feel dumb.

Thanks everyone. :D

%appdata% can't be searched for, it's a memory-resident shortcut to the Application Data path. But you *can* change directory to %appdata% to make it faster to find =P

I know where both my civilization folders are (unless there's a third...) but neither of them contains a "cache" folder, including the one that's supposed to. I've checked the subdirectories.

Can anyone help me out here? :(

EDIT: OMFG there WAS a third Civilization 4 folder! :p It was barried in a series of invisible folders.

Top Bottom