Resource icon

The Nobles' Club Bullpen: Second Cycle

If you just want to play at Noble, it's fairly easy: edit the .CivIVBeyondSwordWBSave file with any text editor and change the 0 to a 1 in all occurrences of
PlayableCiv=0
If you want a different difficulty level, the issue is adding the right techs to all the AIs but NOT to the player -- which is why there is one save for each starting civ, times the number of saves you have to make to get the techs right (4 -- noble, monarch, immortal, and deity).

Thanks for that. I play at Prince, so I think there are no changes needed to noble settings.

Awesome! I'm a middle aged lawyer with a degree in history - i.e. not particularly computer literate - but after checking on wikipedia what a text editor is I found it was really easy to follow DALamb's inastructions, and now I'm replaying NC2 (Rameses) as the Dutch - totally a different start from what I was expecting, BTW, as I never explored their lands when playing for the first time. Now to recycle the best NC games with my preferred civs.....Thanks a lot for the advice.

NC 63 Sitting Bull is up.

To balance out traits, the next leader should be some combination of Cre, Exp, Cha, Ind, and Org (in order of how long ago we saw those traits). Cre and Exp are the two traits we haven't seen for the longest period, and that's Suryavarman -- not exactly my favourite, but late April is long enough ago we could play him again. Cre/Cha doesn't exist; Cre/Ind is Louis XIV, and Cre/Org is Zara. Ethiopia's Oromos start with Drill II and thus not hard to get to Drill IV -- but we might be pushing the Drill line with SB, so maybe would prefer to put Zara off for a bit. The next combination is Exp/Cha, which is Washington -- so it looks to me like Louis or Washington should be next. Any preferences?

Sounds good, I've been busy too, didn't expect to finish sitting bull before the next game was up.
Been wanting to try a couple of different things with different saves, so the extra time works all good for me :)

3 weeks sound good to me, I've been on a hiatus from posting any games for the past two months because of college. Now that i'm on holidays i'll be able to catch up...

End of semster stuff has kept me busy too. An extra week would be nice to use to catch up with these NC games.

Sorry for the delay on the next game -- I was ill for a while and now am catching up on end-of-term work. I will post the next one on Friday, Dec. 17.

Do you want the one after that to be Dec 31 (2 wks) or Jan 7 (3, taking into account extra time for the holidays)?

Best wishes. You've been a good runner leading the NC series so far. But do prioritize your health over the game, please. :)

NC 64 Louis is up. Sorry for the additional 1-day delay -- I forgot to put a map-making task on my calendar, and got too involved in some Java programming.

Still happy to take map suggestions for Washington on Jan 7. Some of the remaining map scripts can be pretty weird -- Fantasy Realm scatters terrain types and resources pretty randomly, for example. Rainforest has lots of hateful jungles but maybe Augustus wouldn't mind that if he prioritizes Iron Working like all true imperialist Romans are supposed to do.

We've done each trait twice except Org and Pro. If my spreadsheet is correct there is no Org/Pro leader. We've done Pro more recently than Org, so I figure on an Org/something leader next time. Org/Imp (Julius) is already done. Cha, Cre, Exp, Ind, and Phi have all been fairly recent, so perhaps Org/Fin (Darius), Org/Agg (Hammurabi), or Org/Spi (Asoka)?

I'm more interested in some rare map scripts. Here is one I recently heard of, maze with width at 1. :D

Top Bottom