DOUBLE Unit Request! "Aztec Knight" and "Meiji Samurai"

Master Kodama

Nitpicker
Well, since Kinboat's deli-line is over (until next time), I thought I'd post a couple of the requested units here in the main C&C forum.

First off, Kal-el's Aztec horseman/knight unit looked like an intriguingly awesome idea, so I'm hoping against hope that someone will pick it up.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=1952573&postcount=14

Secondly, I shall reiterate my own request from the deli-line: a "Meiji Samurai," something much like one of the Ishin Shishi who fought in the Meiji Restoration. He would have a pistol and sword combination, much like the Man-at-Arms. Though in a historically accurate case the gun would probably be a revolver, I suggest that anyone who takes up this project make the pistol a little more generic, less era-specific, so that the unit could more easily fit into the same historical/technological niche as the Man-at-Arms if someone wanted to use the unit that way (as I might).

I tried to find some images of this last one, but came up with nada so far. I think it should be rather self explanatory anyhoo. Someone could, if they so desired, simply modify the anims of the vanilla civ samurai (though creating a new unit would likely look better and be more fulfilling/less tedious).

Yeah, seems like the rpw (request per week ;) ) has been high around here recently. But if I can keep this thread alive long enough, Aztec Knights and Meiji Samurai around the world may have a fighting chance! Keep low in the trenches and cover me, I'm going in! :D

[EDIT: Suggestions and babbling nonsense regarding these unit ideas/requests are perfectly welcome, as long as they are nothing particularly offensive ;) ]

It's not that I'm not interested, but I've taken a lot on my plate right now. I may do it sometime in the future, but I may not.

I thought you should at least know though that it's not a lack of interest, but rather a lack of time at the moment. But I'll keep it in mind.

I realized on some level that this wasn't a good time to post these requests, but I went ahead and did it anyway :p . I guess hope springs eternal. Maybe someone will remember this thread someday down the line and decide to do one of these.

Well, these things certainly have been in mind. If you visit the Flavor Units Project thread, you'll see that I'd be thrilled to get flavor units for every single civilization for every unit.

What I'd really like to see in the near future is some Indian units because we have virtually none... and it's terrible that I'm saying that since I promised ages ago to make a Hindu Archer... :mischief:

Top Bottom