Training Series Game TSG 4 Results and Congratulations

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
A list of submissions for this game is assembled here. There were 33 results posted for this game. :thumbsup:

There were many paths to victory and all submissions were Diplomacy victories. Enjoyed reading all your solutions.

The fastest victory was completed in 1180AD by tommynt, followed in 1295AD by avl8 and rounding out the top three was CharonJr finishing in 1320AD.

Congratulation to all who submitted as I read about a lot of techniques that were learned in this game. :goodjob:

Thank you for your feedback.

Just to let you know about some Civ5 gotm news. We are all awaiting a patch that is promised on or before 16 December. The patch changes so many things that we may be relearning how to play? :mischief:
Meanwhile, Alan is working diligently to get a submission system up and running.

We hope to get a TSG5 out before Christmas. :please:

Great news, well played everyone!

Btw pls correct my name, its AVL8, not av18 :)

Just to let you know about some Civ5 gotm news. We are all awaiting a patch that is promised on or before 16 December. The patch changes so many things that we may be relearning how to play? :mischief:
Meanwhile, Alan is working diligently to get a submission system up and running.

We hope to get a TSG5 out before Christmas. :please:

Can we get a clue on what settings / civ / sponsored VC the staff are thinking of for the next game? I can't speak for anyone else, but I for one will be out of internet range over Christmas, and would much rather be running a practice game than just playing aimlessly... yes, I have become so institutionalised by six years of GOTM that I can't play civ without an authority figure telling me how to do it. :yup:

:dance: Thank you, Mr authority figure. I can hide from Christmas for another year!

As mentioned in the results page it would be nice to know how score is calculated. I have experimented with winning 1 or a few turns earlier (I forget how many exactly) vs. grabbing another technology, and as I recall getting the technology resulted in a higher score. Does anyone have a link to any discussion of how scores are calculated?

Information I have found so far on scoring:

1. Base score is the sum of the following elements:

• Population
  • Territory
  • Wonders
  • Techs
  • Future Techs
The score factors for these elements are given in assets/Gameplay/XML/GlobalDefines.xml:
Code:
		<Row Name="SCORE_CITY_MULTIPLIER">
			<Value>10</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="SCORE_POPULATION_MULTIPLIER">
			<Value>3</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="SCORE_LAND_MULTIPLIER">
			<Value>1</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="SCORE_WONDER_MULTIPLIER">
			<Value>40</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="SCORE_TECH_MULTIPLIER">
			<Value>4</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="SCORE_FUTURE_TECH_MULTIPLIER">
			<Value>10</Value>
		</Row>
The same file also has the following factors that may also affect base score:
Code:
		<Row Name="SCORE_POPULATION_FACTOR">
			<!--Score you get if you have the 'maximum' population possible on the current map-->
			<Value>5000</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="SCORE_LAND_FACTOR">
			<!--Score you get if you have all the land on the current map-->
			<Value>2000</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="SCORE_WONDER_FACTOR">
			<!--Score you get if you have all the wonders-->
			<Value>1000</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="SCORE_TECH_FACTOR">
			<!--Score you get if you have all the techs-->
			<Value>2000</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="SCORE_FREE_PERCENT">
			<!--Percentage of the maximum score you get for free-->
			<Value>0</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="SCORE_VICTORY_PERCENT">
			<!--Percentage of your score that gets added if you win the game-->
			<Value>0</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="SCORE_HANDICAP_PERCENT_OFFSET">
			<!--Offset to the score handicap modifier-->
			<Value>-60</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="SCORE_HANDICAP_PERCENT_PER">
			<!--The amount of the score modifier per handicap level-->
			<Value>20</Value>
		</Row>
The base score is multiplied by an early finish bonus factor to calculate the Final Score which is recorded in the Hall of Fame. This factor is the ratio of the maximum turns to the turns taken.

Max turns depends on the game speed - Quick=330; Standard=500; Epic=750; Marathon=1500

I don't know whether this is enough information to allow you to work out the relative merits of delaying victory to complete one more tech.

Top Bottom