Current (SVN) development discussion thread

A simple question: what is the utility of Persecution Project if I can overcome foreign religion unhappines simply building the respective temple?

Avoiding stability penalty (important if you're very big with many foreign religions).

Quick question, is the Golden age from the UHV 2/3 goal not supposed to count towards China's 3rd goal?

Well unfortunately for me, it didn't this time around :(

Maybe ask the people at C2C, maybe they can help you out (they have some civics doing so).
Implementing is not the problem, I just don't want to go through all the DLL changes again.

Quick question, is the Golden age from the UHV 2/3 goal not supposed to count towards China's 3rd goal?
Yes, it should count. Have you finished your GA yet? It's only acknowledged afterwards.

Yeah it was plenty well after it when I noticed (so no useful save :blush:), but after building Versailles, Olympic Park, and starting a GP Golden age, it was still 3/4. So I just WB'd 3 GPs and got it, resulting in my last Golden Age lasting about 24 turns (on Epic) :p

Implementing is not the problem, I just don't want to go through all the DLL changes again.

I have no clue of coding, but maybe allowing Urbanization to build the very cheap 'Immigration center' (25% food stored on growth) doesn't require DLL changes.

I think I'm going to release 1.9 soon. The major stuff I wanted to include is there, and I think it's a good idea to release now before I'm starting other stuff. So it's mainly brushing things up for the next days.

I have pretty concrete plans on how to continue but before I do I'll focus on the optional "expansion packs" (music and Varietas Delectat art). The latter is almost completely finished already save for a minor bug in the city art.

Hello Leoreth,

I'd like to confirm that the Orthodoxy/Apostolic Palace bug, and that the ability of a rising civ to take your capital, have been dealt with? My latest SVN has 'em both still acting up.

Thank you.

That's exactly what I meant with brushing up.

Currently on my bugfix to do list:
- Great Schism choice doesn't work
- Aztec respawn in Pakistan

What exactly do you mean with the capital flip? Capitals are not immune against flips per se (the AI's are, but not yours). However, your starting plot capital should be immune to flips. Can you give an example?

I say keep the Aztec Pakistan :mischief:

I'm busy trying the Japanese UHV on Normal, 600 AD, Monarch, and I noticed a few things:
-China is too strong. It beat back the Mongolians and became a techmonster.
-Japanese natural stability is too high. Way too high. I wasn't focusing on it and it was + seventy. Who said again Rhye is a Japanofile...?

@strijder20:

-My advice is to send your starting Galley over to India and trade for Ivory. Maintain good relations with China and cave to their demands;
don't worry, they'll be dying soon enough. When the Mongolians come; they'll usually conquer China,
from Corea, send in a stack of War Elephants+Samurais+Cats and start razing badly placed cities and routing Mongolian armies.
When China respawns, they will either be:

-Weak and voluntarily vassalize to you.
-Weak and easily conquerable since they'll only have 2-3 cities tops from razing all the non-essential cities.

If they are beating back the Mongols, then what you'll need to do is assist the Mongols by invading the eastern seaboard simultaneously.
Pay attention and leave an Explorer or some other unit in the Chinese capital to monitor progress.

-I don't think there's anything special about natural Japanese stability after playing them semi-frequently. (Rhye's is still a Japanophile though).
However, AI Japan never collapses, which is absurd.
There were certainly periods of disunity and turmoil in Japan throughout its history.
The Genpei Wars and the Sengoku period are perhaps the two best examples.
Not that it has a powerful bearing on gameplay, but it's something to be left considered.

China's a little out of whack at the moment, because I gave them more cities in the 600 AD scenario to make the cathedral goal feasible. I'll fix that soon.

What exactly do you mean with the capital flip? Capitals are not immune against flips per se (the AI's are, but not yours). However, your starting plot capital should be immune to flips. Can you give an example?

Yes, certainly. When I play Egypt, for example, I build my capital on the starting tile. Should I elect to play Egypt for a victory other than historical, my capital is flipped and I lose the game when Arabia spawns.

I've tried this several times, always with the same results (i.e. Arabia takes my starting capital and the game ends).

Cheers

Okay, Egypt is a special case because Arabia's flips work outside of the usual system. I'll take care of that.

@strijder20:

-My advice is to send your starting Galley over to India and trade for Ivory. Maintain good relations with China and cave to their demands
You can trade with Korea/Indonesia/Khmer too since they're usually all Buddhist and have a Brother in Faith relations bonus with you.

But I find it useless to cave in to China's demands. They declare on me at the first opportunity (after the first few no declare turns) rather than demanding anything. :cry:

don't worry, they'll be dying soon enough. When the Mongolians come; they'll usually conquer China
Not in any 3000 BC game I played.

If they are beating back the Mongols, then what you'll need to do is assist the Mongols by invading the eastern seaboard simultaneously.
This is what I do. China's major force will be in the north engaging the Mongols. You can initiate some very effective surprise landings in the southeastern coasts (you can get Amphibious promotion very easily if you want, due to your UP). Also consider hiring some mercenaries. In the new merc system you can hire some pretty badass Chang Sueks, which makes up for Japan's lack of cavalry. :cool:

Oh, and Mercenaries benefit from Himeji Castle too. Which is awesome.

Still? Are you sure?
Did you change anything in the last 48 hours?

My Japan game was played on June 3th's SVN version and I could hire Chang Sueks in the 1200's and 1300's. My Russia game was played on June 5th's SVN version and I could not hire any Landsknechts (nor could any other European civ, it seems).

I don't know why you would change that either. Being able to hire another civ's UU is great fun. It's not OP because the mercenary pool is very limited and costs money (too much money, IMO).

One of my favorite features of RFCE is the overpowered mercenaries - Lipka Tatar for example, is your spearhead to world domination with its collateral damage, 2 moves per turn, AND 50% withdrawal rate. I think it's justified because they're the ancestors of Charles Bronson.

Top Bottom