DS version - first one to knights?

Toxitalk

Chieftain
Been playing the DS version on an off now for a while.

Seems to me if you can be the first to get to Knight, you can just go matching across the map smashing everyone in sight?

Has anyone had the same experience?

Also I found the if you play to conquer the capitals, if you save just before the last one, you can use this save game as the start for the other 3 winning ways (culture/tech and money). My thinking is if they are down to just one city, there is no way they can catch you for any of the other three winning ways.

TTFN

What difficulty level are you playing? A Domination victory is certainly a lot easier if you are ahead in tech and have superior offensive units. But, at the same time, defensive bonuses can stack up quite quickly, making it very difficult to conquer those capitals.

And yes, success breeds success. If you are ahead of everyone, winning is easy. The challenge comes when you are behind.

I have played at most of the level, but now im at a stage at looking as what civs I have not won under x condition.

I used to play Civ on the PC (every edition + AC)

I find the DS version different. I would not say harder or easier just different.

The bit I like about the DS version is the speed of play.

Does anyone have any comments about the next gen console versions?

Does anyone have any comments about the next gen console versions?

Other than the console versions allow you to sell units, there is no difference between the DS, XBox360, PS3 and iPhone/iTouch versions other than the UI. The XBox360 & PS3 also have the Civilpedia and some other extras. But the core of the game is identical.

Other than the console versions allow you to sell units, there is no difference between the DS, XBox360, PS3 and iPhone/iTouch versions other than the UI. The XBox360 & PS3 also have the Civilpedia and some other extras. But the core of the game is identical.

Don't you have to trade friend codes or something to play online with the DS? The iPhone/iTouch versions don't have MP play at all. There is a thriving MP community on the 360 and I guess it's okay (but somewhat buggier) on the ps3. I can generally get a game going against three complete strangers in about five minutes. I learned to beat Deity well over a year ago and the only higher difficulty is playing other players, so the addition of MP play is a pretty huge difference to me.

Top Bottom