Great Prophet and Missionary/Inquisitor UU showing in the interface

Leugi

Supreme Libertador
So yeah, this is the thing... Making a Great Prophet or Missionary override is not possible, as many of you guys know. Some of us have been using a nice workaround by LastSword to allow it however, simply converting the Great Prophet to our own UU the moment its created, using Unit:Convert to keep the religion once this happens.

The only issue with this workaround is of course that when you get enough faith for a prophet, the popup will still say "A Prophet was born!" showing the prophet icon... Although I've grown accostumed to it, it still feels a bit annoying. The same happens with Missionaries, they still show their icon on the buy popup.

To workaroundily fix this, we can use evil lua files that change some of the UI. This, of course, could generate issues with other mods that change the same lua files, but is a bit more compatible-friendly than changing the DLL to actually allow religious overrides.

Please note, for these two files to work you need to make the custom Prophet override the Great Prophet and the custom Missionary override the Missionary anyway. The code searches on the civs' overrides to check if the civ should have a different great prophet or missionary.

A Custom Great Prophet was Born!

So, I decided I'd make a simple edit to that popup, showing the Active Player's Great Prophet override instead:

Spoiler :

Download The GreatPersonRewardPopup.lua File

The file works simply, you only must include it in your mod with VFS=True.

All this does is making the Great Person popup show the UU icon and name instead... However, please note THIS DOES NOT ACTUALLY OVERRIDE the prophet, it only shows it as such, you still need a code such as the one in the beginning of the thread to workaround that.

Of course, this would generate conflicts with any mod that changes GreatPersonRewardPopup.lua ; but I have yet to find one.

I have also made it so the Popup is inmediatly closed if the unit is not a Great unit. (So, when you use GP points, say, for generating infantry unit points in your cities, it won't appear; the notification still sounds and appears and that's more than enough for not so great units [I have also changed it to say "A Unit was Created" instead of "A Great Person was Born"])

The lua file also kills the prophet notification and creates another one for the actual UU.

Purchase Custom Missionary

This file's a bit more risky, it changes the ProductionPopup.lua file, which has more chances of being replaced by some mods (please comment any mod you find this lua file, so we can make something), I used to think it changed the CityView.lua, but thankfully, it doesn't, so there's less mods using it.

Spoiler :

Download The ProductionPopup.lua File

The file works simply, you only must include it in your mod with VFS=True.

All this does is making the ProductionPopup show the UU icon and name instead... However, please note THIS DOES NOT ACTUALLY OVERRIDE the missionary, it only shows it as such, you still need a code such as the one in the beginning of the thread to workaround that.

Anyway, enjoy unique-uniting

Very nice :goodjob:

This is so helpful! Thank you.

Top Bottom