Armenian Genocide

I don't like long discussions -especially political- and don't want to start one. but, your claim is nonsense.

Statistics says; in 2014 local elections of Turkey, 52,695,831 people voted in elections.

And, since AKP raised her vote-rate about 5%, this means they got 2.600,000 more votes, if we compare that with 2009 elections.

Even Gulen and CHP alliance couldn't get AKP down. And, after Erdogan's move towards Armenians, will raise his popularity in the world and in the next general election AKP will get more than 50% of votes.

ı know enough of perceptionary stuff that the statistics can be made to lie but the discussed new "reforms" in election laws seem to reinforce the view that the "ballot superioty" is in danger . As for the 2.3 million lost votes it's all over the place ; am a turbo-lazer turret guy , have to read it from papers and hear it on TV . The 5% increase solely comes from the "undecided and other parties" which had something like 15% . Was knocked out in the local elections with the opposition easily matching the A-K-P rise .

and why will the PM's popularity will increase in the world ? The world does know he has to do it -in addition to countless other things- in order to survive ; and but for the Russian "foolishness" in standing up to the American Right and Might we would be in Civil War right now . It's high time the newlies understand the numbers do not always equate to power and effect . Nor lots of words mean much when this "world" makes it mind to destroy us ...

and certainly not in gaming forums , eh ?

100 times this. In an exhibition on "genocide" in Israel, the exhibit of the Armenian genocide was removed at the request of Turkey. Just one of the reasons why i ignore any Israeli who tries to justify their nations existence based upon what happened in the holocaust.

Thats off topic though. I think its difficult in labelling something as "genocide", because its such a politically and emotionally charged word. I certainly dont deny that Armenians died in large numbers. But if you label one thing as genocide where do you stop? You could say that the US's extermination of native American tribes, each of which should be viewed as a distinct ethnic group (the Cherokee, the Shosone etc) was genocide. Some tribes had an almost 100% mortality rate, which is something to think about.

I dont think we have evolved enough to properly understand or deal with genocide. It should be simple - killing is wrong for whatever reason. But, alas, the political and emotional baggage that it creates carries on into future generations and colors peoples minds. I guess if we could properly explain and understand it then it would be possible to stop people who were sexually abused when they were younger from abusing their own children.

This is a very wisely written post with which I absolutely agree.
Turkey should at least officially apologize for what they did to the Armenian people.
Did religion play a major role as one of the causes of this genocide?

I used to know the reasons for the Armenian genocide, but I've largely forgotten.

Wasn't it because the Armenians saw the Russian Empire as their saviour against the Ottomans, who in turn felt threatened by the Russians? And took it out on the Armenians. Also something something botched Turkish military manoeuvres. I forget.

As is usual, religion only played a marker role in the affair i.e. making it easier to tell who to shoot. By the silly hats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide#Historical_overviews

Turkey might have joined the Allies. Actually, Enver Pasha pushed for it. Either the Armenian genocide would have been evaded completely or the Armenians were viewed as German fifth columnists and would have been hunted not only by the Turks but also by the Russians.

enver didn't push for it ; he was just playing diplomatic games to get the Army mobilized . Talat and Cemal were open to it and Allies refused them hands down .

enver didn't push for it ; he was just playing diplomatic games to get the Army mobilized . Talat and Cemal were open to it and Allies refused them hands down .

It is not the odds of Turkey joining the allies, it is what would have happened to the Armenians if Turkey did.

just as Germans almost beat the British into Arab Rebellion / Zionist support , the Allies would have pushed for the ethnic cleansing of the Armenians ; considering the said Armenians were like hated by the West in early 1800 by being a "creditable" support for the Ottoman throne ; hence Turks . "The Loyal Nation" as the Armenians were called is not that exactly a fable .

Top Bottom