LS Civilization Set

No set IX? I really want to complete my Last Sword collection!

Oh my, I seem to be an idiot. Sorry!

Hello there Israel. That is certainly an interesting UA, not one I would've thought of, but definitely something I am interested in trying. Are you going to put a dropbox link for it in the OP?

I have recently a problematic times with going online. I will try to upload it as soon as possible, especially, because I have made a lot of updates to previous sets as well.

So, set XI is available only on steam right now.

Dropbox All Sets: link

• Set XI
    • Included Vikings.
    • Included Hungary.
    • Israel (new):
      • Unique Ability - Exodus - Gain Faith and Culture from moving Settlers.
      • Unique Unit - Shofet - Warrior replacement. Gain Faith from kills (50%). Heals at normal rate in neutral territory (+10). Gain extra Combat Strength if starts turn adjacent to enemy (+1 per turn, up to 11).
      • Unique Building - Yeshiva - Library replacement. Shares every third point of Great Engineer, Scientist and Merchant with other cities, which have Yeshiva. Together, all Yeshivas slowly generate Great Person of your choice (1 point per turn per Yeshiva, not increased by anything. At standard settings, you need 100 points for first Great Person, 200, 300... and so on. Meter in city view shows % progress, don't take it too seriously).
  • Set I
    • Haida changes:
      • Unique Ability - Eagle and Raven - Naval Melee units can perform attack on land. Can automatically plunder enemy Cargo Ships. (Cargo Ship must be in revealed plot [visibility is not required]; 100% chance in your territory, 20% in neutral, 10% otherwise])
      • Unique Building - Totem Pole - Monument replacement; no maintainence cost; +15% Production when building Naval Units before Industrialization. Extra Culture for removing Forest in the area.
    • Khmer Unique Ability: +1 Working Citizen for every 4 points of Population and World Wonder in Capital. (there was no place for deporting population from conquering cities, may reintroduce it in new civilization; sentiment after all)
    • (!) AI Hetman is now proritising building Citadel as soon as possible.
  • Set II
    • Fixed Alpha24 image (it had 32 size)
    • Fixed plenty of Sioux bugs. Even managed to cut 30 lines of code.
    • Tipi Camp can now be built if there is valid resource in working radius. Improving is not necessary.
  • Set III
    • Timurid changes:
      • Added '+15 Happiness per razing City" to unique ability.
      • New Unique Unit - Siege Engineer - Trebuchet replacement, 20 combat strength, can attack only cities, can destroy Walls and Castle in adjacent enemy City (note: it will not affect FREE buildings)
  • Set V
    • Zimbabwe changes:
      • Unique Ability - Trade Link - Can meet other civilizations through Trade Links. Gain Gold and Culture bonus when first time send Trade Route to certain civilization (bonus scales with era progressing)
      • Unique Unit - Rozvi Warrior - Pikeman replacement; ignores terrain cost; +5% Combat Strength per Trade Route you own (up to 25%).
      • Unique Building - Zimbabwe - +1 Gold from Cow and Sheep; +1 Defense per Trade Route to or from your empire.
  • Set VII
    • Hittites now gain only 4 Influnce per turn with City-States you could demand tribute from, but bonus influnce from conquering cities is increased a bit.
    • Numidian Unique Ability and Unique Building switches effects.
    • New diploscreens:
      Spoiler :

• Set VIII
    • Fixed Kumbum producing 20 Culture instead 10. (meh, discovered it when I decided to go Cultural Victory)
    • Reintroduced Cattle stealing in Scythian building. Simply, it will move Cattle, Sheep and Horse withing 5 tiles from your cities closer to make it workable. At war, can steal from enemy territory.
  • Set IX
    • Settler replacement stays. Added +1 Sight when embarked (should solve issues with barbarians).
  • Set X
    • Simplified Vietnam for now.

Just tried Israel. UA is kind of meh. Idea is nice but +1 per tile is really small. Maybe +5?

Not a huge fan of Haida changes. My favourite bits were the +1 culture per GG/GA on the totem pole and the 'scalping' culture on city capture. :(

Haven't played yet but Zimbabwe changes look very good.

LS, does Haida still have the same leader screen. I'm normally not fussed if a leader screen is a less-than-Firaxis-level-rendering, but that leader screen with the doll entirely prohibits me from playing against Haida in game, because it seriously freaks me out. :eekdance: :p

I haven't played with your mods for a long time because my game becomes super unstable and due to my large collection of mods I am having an hard time finding the culprit, and yet playing with all JFD, CL, PG, Tom, MC and GE mods doesn't crash my game at all. :confused:

Just tried Israel. UA is kind of meh. Idea is nice but +1 per tile is really small. Maybe +5?
Well, in this case, you would got Pantheon in one turn.
This is something worthy discussion. Currently you receive 1 Faith and 1 Culture for every tile (1 additional faith from desert); only if you are increasing distance from initial plot (so no walking in place). Unmodded pantheon: 10 faith, my pantheon 20 faith.
I was thinking about additional bonus: when settler settle a city in better place than original place. But how value settling plot? Overall yield available/resources/river.
5 sounds a bit too much; but maybe scalling is needed (first settler: 1, second: 2... and so on).

Not a huge fan of Haida changes. My favourite bits were the +1 culture per GG/GA on the totem pole and the 'scalping' culture on city capture. :(
Ok, I attached .rar with previous abilities. Simply replace files with uploaded ones. I am currently in mood for removing 'on capture' bonuses. Especially, because I haven't seen Haida successing in it.

LS, does Haida still have the same leader screen. I'm normally not fussed if a leader screen is a less-than-Firaxis-level-rendering, but that leader screen with the doll entirely prohibits me from playing against Haida in game, because it seriously freaks me out. :eekdance: :p
Replace Diplo and DoM from Haida folder with attached ones.

I haven't played with your mods for a long time because my game becomes super unstable and due to my large collection of mods I am having an hard time finding the culprit, and yet playing with all JFD, CL, PG, Tom, MC and GE mods doesn't crash my game at all. :confused:
I think I would notice my game crashing.
Though I can't guarantee those mods are not a reason of your crashes. Well, the safest option is not using them. What are PG, MC, GE?

Attachments

• HaidaStuff.7z
    3.3 MB · Views: 80
I am horrible at remembering long words so those are pretty much acronyms for Patria Grande, More Civilizations and Greater Europe respectively.

Ok, I attached .rar with previous abilities...
Thanks a bunch.

Well, in this case, you would got Pantheon in one turn...
Lol I didn't even think about moving the starting settler! Silly me.
But yeah, something along the lines of 1 for the first, 2 for the second. Or have it scale with the amount of faith being produced?

I was thinking about additional bonus: when settler settle a city in better place than original place. But how value settling plot? Overall yield available/resources/river.

Settling in a better place is a reward in and of itself. However waiting a whole 10 turns or whatever? Not sure the pantheon justifies it. You could do something like, starts with an additional scout, since that would be the first unit I would build. Also helps find the best capital spot. Up to you.

Off topic to the previous post, but:
I haven't played them, but Lithuania look awful.

+3 Happiness in cities with no religion is pretty uncontrollable.
+2 Gold from cities not connected to the capital is borderline useless; +1 Str for each adjacent forest is also very low.

What gives?

I was also considering additional movement or sight for Israeli settlers. I thought that settling in better place or maybe revealing best settling plot in 20 would be thematic (Promised Land after all). I am actually finding T10 legal to settle (especially when you got lovely jungle start). Anyway, I am gonna take my time on this matter, no need to hurry updates.

@Lithuania
Extra Happiness from shrines is Global, it is almost a free luxury. I don't think cities will be converted before T80, I would say that T100 is the time when you massively loose the bonus. Though once I was on a Island where nobody found religion, so It may recompensate lack of religion (usually, you want those follower beliefs). Ok, so you have extra happiness, which allows you to delay worker. I am going wide (shrines, archers, monuments), then I am DoWed and steal enemy workers. Extra gold from trait helps in upgrading archers, securing your position among rivals. Later on, bonuses disappear, but if my understanding of game is correct, snowball effect results in easy game.
Actually, I random Lithuania above average and I don't feel it is weak civ.

Here is Haida leader, will be added in next update:
Spoiler :

Yeah, Lithuania looks weak on paper but it's extremely suited to early game city-spamming. Sacred Grove means that for a while, any city is pretty much happiness-neutral to found so long as you limit growth. Of course, city-spamming into everything means that people are probably going to declare war for your lands, and that's where the gold and defense comes in, so that as soon as a city's placed it can hold its own and gives some cash towards buying military. They're definitely not a Tradition civ, no way, you want to be pumping out Settlers like it's nobody's business. And of course the faster Knight is a pleasant thing to have.

Interesting strategy, didn't think about that angle at all. Makes a whole lot more sense!

Top Bottom